Share & Talk About Your Music

omg someone talk me down from buying an electribe like right now

Why purchase an Electribe when you can use that money to continue saving towards this brand new legend:

Why save when I can buy BOTH

I might as well give korg my paychecks at this point wow

I’d never come across weekly beats before, but February is that RPM Challenge thing–a 10 track or 30 minute album in a month: http://www.rpmchallenge.com

I’m going for my forth completed one in a row, but I just make a bunch of funny noises, so I’m not going to plug my own stuff.

This is successful

months later i’m going with ice cream swirl

1 Like

if you are into really (really) screamy music, i am in two bands:

Track from Vurgon reuploaded to Soundcloud with some minor changes.

1 Like

For the past few months, I’ve been working on my first game soundtrack for a shmup called ZENODYNE R.

FM+PSG. :3

Here is a sample!

4 Likes

i’m feeling really bad about having not made music lately

life-wise, i feel like i’m going going going going (working again, financially secure, residence, health insurance - these are new and rare treasures in my life) but inside there’s this lingering emptiness and yearning that continuously pulls me further from contentedness and self-satisfaction; it can only be dulled by returning to music-making in earnest, i feel

4 Likes

Whatcha doing dayjobwise?

I work at a call center doing technical support for massive law firms

not a bad gig by any stretch of the imagination, but i do tend to feel like i’m more or less greasing the wheels of corporate evil in this role

I don’t think their massive cog-machine would break down over your brave refusal to make some guy’s Word work. Anything’s something.

1 Like

I don’t make music nor do I know how to make-music-for-money but I do work in a job that’s not my passion and even though burning the candle at this other end to make videogames is not lucrative it is very, very rewarding. Cue the “duh I’ve heard that before”, but like… it’s real.

1 Like

the job is not really keeping me from doing music; no, that’s being caused by a variety of ideals and preconceptions about “how things should be” artistically and my own perception of my past work (specifically, the need to continue to improve and to not retread past steps), coupled with some practical considerations (my current residence does not yet have an area in which i can reasonably set my stuff up to make music, e.g. no proper desk). work is just a thing that takes time and provides income. it’s infinitely better than my prior job, which was being the assistant freight manager at dollar tree.

it should be noted that i’m also living in a 1BR apt with my girlfriend now.

wait, maybe i shouldn’t just spew my personal head-rattling thoughts on a thread purportedly for the sharing of music that i’m not currently making

I hope you find the space you need to make tunes again. Your music is great.

Having roommates (especially one that I deeply, deeply loathe) has killed my ability to make tunes without having an anxiety fit about someone hearing me and judging me and good grief. It used to be so easy, but like every other creative endeavour of mine, as soon as it started to go somewhere I couldn’t live with the sudden pressure. I feel empty.

I’m maybe gonna pull the trigger on a copy of numerology and see if I can get up to something again. I have a decent pair of headphones.

1 Like

This is what happens when I do a shmup soundtrack.

3 Likes

Uploaded nearly 17 minutes’ worth of samples of music I’m working on.

Dips with the killer chord changes once again

old school ICers might remember my early 2000’s band Nicest of the Damned. well, we finally released a record over a decade later! it’s called Pet Sounds Part II. I can’t figure out how to get bandcamp to embed on this forum software, but here is the link:

okay bye!

3 Likes