Share & Talk About Your Music

yeah just put it in the electronic thread and rename
all noises and noisemaking equipment is good

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

i did the thing!! “hero’s journey ep” is officially released. you can buy it here for $3:

or stream it here for free

3 Likes

do folks have thoughts about distribution on soundcloud vs youtube music for streaming? i’m not really looking for a marketing tie in per se, i’m just trying to connect with an audience of some kind. i guess the thing to do would be to upload to all of them.
@HEAVYVIPER i liked your little videos that you made for your tracks, the basic audio visualization thing

1 Like

i’m so sorry

2 Likes

soundcloud seems a little better for just like, discovery and people randomly coming in and commenting, but I can’t even imagine connecting with an audience anymore

i’m probably not the best person to be responding because the last set I played was my techno project and it cleared a room that had previously very intently watched a guy who ended his set with an 8 minute guitar improvisation on top of a drum machine and the guy who invited me to play the show never talked to me again after I dipped so I might be feeling a certain way about just like, the concept of an audience

but I checked my soundcloud after I uploaded my last track and somehow, despite doing absolutely nothing on that page for literal years, people are still listening and commenting and following me, and some of my older tracks have thousands of plays? they’re probably bots but still

2 Likes

SoundCloud is great if you want comments from bots. YouTube allows you to take part in the great non-evil Google ecosystem.

I don’t post stuff on bandcamp because I don’t want artists I know and respect who I’ve bought from to be tempted to try to listen to my stuff. But that’s probably a better home than the others.

1 Like

since I’m mainly interested in doing music/audio for games (media?) I don’t worry myself too much about promotion. my Soundcloud definitely still gets attention, usually through related tracks.

@stylo glad you like them! a friend of mine is an absolute wizard with OBS, so after watching her work with it I didn’t have much of a problem cooking up something simple. there’s honestly not much to it - just a background with my logo that I mocked up in GIMP, and an OBS plugin that generates an audio spectrogram. it’s definitely worth looking into, especially if you’re considering YouTube for uploads. you can do a lot with OBS with very little work once you’re familiar with it!

3 Likes

2 Likes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w2yMWuIffgN13mGnCs5wDrsJ8W9BzyFn/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

i really like this. this is a good improvisation

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cxrsHjrvMbADs_Eh0UccKbCXCvWhNNVp/view?usp=sharing

1 Like
1 Like

this is excellent

rhythmically very interesting!!!

1 Like

please enjoy my song that sounds like weezer. i am so sorry i seeded that in your head before you ever heard it. i promise it’s not that bad! it’s catchy :slight_smile:

let me know what you think, honest! i am actually singing on this one so if you want to hear what that sounds like there you go

4 Likes

crisp drums! def catchy!

i like the timbre of the solo guitar. very chill

1 Like

I’ve listened to this like a dozen times today, love it. Did you record the parts separately yourself?

1 Like

it’s a song i wrote and recorded with my bandmate parks (bass) at our friend graham’s (guitar) studio, following on demos/EP recordings for comedown and a few other odds and ends. whatever comes out of these sessions will likely be released as a little EP so we’ll have to come up with a band name at some point

drums are a little loop for now but it’s a damn good loop, isn’t it?

2 Likes

comedown latest version: Share & Talk About Your Music - #700 by meauxdal

1 Like