Share & Talk About Your Music

does anyone have experience with mixing/production? or just want to give an opinion? I just got a first pass on a song back from the engineer, trying to figure out what revisions if any are needed.

the song: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LrxCwbg3vQOxVCuihaUVdLKdJeWvuZUz/view?usp=drivesdk

3 Likes

sounds great to me

1 Like

without knowing what the reference track(s) were, i’d say there’s nothing offensively off about it?

1 Like

i started working on a little remix to ease back into music stuff with just the samples i have on hand and the default fl mixing stuff on a fresh install. i think its coming out pretty cute

edit: i did the thing where i posted something and then immediately took it in a new direction that made it way better again lol so i just hotswapped the link :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes
3 Likes

anyone taking part this year? i’m probably gonna do it again

5 Likes

i would love to participate in something like this, and also i know i won’t, but i would personally suggest making a thread for this. might be fun to have a little SB listening party or something at the end

2 Likes

I’ve been watching a lot of youtube music theory videos. I’m ready

1 Like

Yeah, make a thread and let’s do stuff. This will at least get me to record things I have been messing around with.

1 Like

I actually just got a job offer starting in late Jan (?) so I may not be able to :grimacing: you make the thread!

3 Likes

speaking of my music, i started learning jazz standards on guitar in december, using a lot of Jens Larsen and jazzguitar.be

i think my goal is like, continue pursuing jazz as long as it interests me, with an aim to using all these fancy chords and harmonies/melodies for neo soul and r&b type songwriting. i’m finding it much more fun learning standards than just soloing over blues or learning rock etc

any guitar folks in here have stories about learning jazz?

1 Like

sorry bro i only jam with people who don’t miss

1 Like

who wants to hear me messing around with bespoke and my midi controller to generate random notes for 6 minutes

i think it sounds better than my description belies

i think i’ve landed on my setup for the foreseeable future, love these tiny devices and love the big sounds they can make

7 Likes

my love and i were asked to do a mix for edited arts and it’s out now

4 Likes

this fucken rules

oh god you can’t just drop lyle lovett on me like this

2 Likes

Learned a lot about bespoke making this:

I absolutely loved setting up my midi controller thingy to work with bespoke, twiddling knobs to make sounds weird is good.

i’m fairly proud of this song, i was trying to make something like this about a year ago and just wasn’t able to put everything together.

also i get now how easy it is to accidentally make a 9 minute song, i thought “that was way too short, maybe 2 minutes” after doing this and then it was 4 minutes lol

2 Likes

here’s a demo of a song i wrote called ‘fading arc’. kinda of a slow, sad song. fake guitar
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z7xxPeCpBRAVN89CCqS7b87dZQVsv3eg/view?usp=sharing

augh my tastes are too esoteric; the only projects i have any excitement for are the ones i have NO idea how to continue

1 Like