Share and talk about your visual art

As of recently, I’ve been doing portraits of the members of the party in one of the tabletop campaigns I currently partake in.
Featuring:
The Anemic Artificer

The Young, Strong, Swamp Hag

The Holy Monk

5 Likes

A gem bonner

Welcome home, traveller

1 Like

(mine)

1 Like

Some more brick brutalism.

6 Likes

rough paintsketch for bootleg bart t-shirt

5 Likes

Has Bart Simpson graduated to Ocarina of Time nose now

he wanted more triangles on his head

2 Likes

Making some sprites for the next iteration of CombatJr

6 Likes

i revived my old art tumblr and ma-ha-haaan was that a worthy move

(same Original the Characters Do Not Steal as the 'bove)

edit: oh heres the link btw plz have a look :3

8 Likes

been doing Inktober this month

currently behind by 2 and need to catch the hell up lol ;_;

6 Likes

Couple of pieces I’ve put on Patreon

4 Likes

Here’s something I spent way too much time on.

Sometimes a fun thing to do is to download a map from vgmaps and replace all the tiles. You know, for fun. Inspired by the pixels are not square topic as well as the announcement of a new game in the series, I spent most of the weekend doing this with the first level of Blaster Master. Then I took some screenshots and filtered them up. Here:

And here’s the full level, in case anybody wants to play with it.

6 Likes

What’s that filter

(I will never stop asking about filters apparently)

If you did it in an emulator at all

Nah, I did it in Photoshop. I offset the red and green channels, added motion blur, an rgb overlay, then curved the whole thing outwards ever so slightly. If anyone has a more convincing method, I’m all ears.

This wouldn’t work on an NES, by the way. I adhered to pallet restrictions but went way over on tile count.

That might possibly be replicable in RetroArch, idk

Not prodded its various shaders sliders yet

The shaders are pretty standard and you should be able to do any fullscreen shader you want. I haven’t really jumped into it.

There’s also an option in RetroArch under Video called “filters” that seems to be a second shader pass; there’s filters for RF, Composite, S-Video, RGB that do admirable jobs of breaking colors and smudging in historic ways. They can be combined with the normal shader system but seem to assume a SNES resolution.

yes, the filters are a legacy from when retroarch was just a frontend for bsnes.

Yeah, that makes a bunch of sense

Yeah, that makes a bunch of snes

4 Likes

On weekends I go out and draw stuff. These last three weekends mostly churches.

I decided to draw from real life as much as I can and somehow I am sticking to it. Is both liberating and with resignations. You know that nothing is going to look as good as if I were in my house taking my time. And that if you make a mistake, well, you have to live with it and draw around it. But it’s… fun? And you learn a lot?

10 Likes