Share and talk about your visual art

I love your disaffected SCUD man

2 Likes

Thanks! I never really made the SCUD connection, but now that you’ve said it, it’s totally there.

1 Like

This is incredible. How long did it take?
edit, never mind. I’m genuinely bad at reading.

I actually kept a log of movies I watched while working on this and added all their run times together because I’m a nerd. So over the two years, I spent about 235 hours.

4 Likes

did my first art stream tonight. felt like posting something i made during it.snap2019-01-08-20-46-52

22 Likes

Nice! What program is that? MagicaVoxel?

it is!

1 Like

So spurned on by the above pic, I sarted playing with MagicaVoxel and man this thing is fun and I have no idea how to do lights or glass in it yet but I still kinda like what i came up with

7 Likes

in the render tab, you can set colors in the palette to have glass/metal properties (over on the right), or set them as a light source (emission).

1 Like

I tried that, but I must have been doing something wrong because it wasn’t rendering. I’ll mess around with it more later. Thanks for the tips.

Oh hey, I figured it out a bit.

7 Likes

Sorry if I am spamming this thread, but this is a lot of fun. I made my desk environment tonight, though the actual desk is much messier.

7 Likes

9 Likes

So I have been having way to much fun with MagicaVoxel. I built a diner for some reason. It turned out pretty cool. And yes, I am in it.

11 Likes

Ripe for a shootout

1 Like

The Last Diner
Open after the Apocalypse!

1 Like

A bunch of years ago I had this wallpaper:

Cause I was quite into wipeout pure/pulse (Yeah, this is 3).
I was also using ubuntu, and learned about vector icons under ubuntu.
Did this on InkScape:

I guess it was fun.

9 Likes

i am learning how blender works

edit: final (maybe) version

16 Likes

grass tiles, for a better tomorrow.

9 Likes

i begun working on my game again. it’s now a run n’ gun (think mega man). it’s also still very early in development.

here is a work in progress sprite i drew tonight. might be a boss, i don’t know yet!

boss

10 Likes