Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

bleah… friends I lost contact with and no longer know what’s going on with their lives.

7 Likes

Remember that cross-stitch I was occasionally working on at the SB meetup? It’s not done. But it’s further defined!

12 Likes

What! I don’t remember that at all!

Yeah it’s a gigantic Beauty and the Beast… stained glass window-esque? piece

Exactly that. I really only worked on it in the living room, tucked in some corner watching whatever action was on-screen or around a board game. It’s also been with me when I had that business trip in Arizona some months back.

I like this a lot.

its been such a joy watching this come along

Side note, I brought it along with me to Ottawa too but not all the way to the comedy night. It’s rather well travelled now.

And thanks for reminding me I haven’t done an update recently! With not working at the moment I’ve had more time to spare. The beast is plotted out and a whole lot of red and oranges have been added. You can sort of see Beauty properly too!

It’s also hella hard to take an in-focus picture now. Reasonably my phone’s auto-focus has difficulty figuring out that it’s not looking at a heavily pixellated face and keeps fuzzing it up.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Sometimes I relax from my 3D zelda game with 2D zelda pixel art. I really wanna throw these to a programmer and get a game going…

4 Likes

Super cute sprites!

1 Like

I just finished the whole map. I used some auto-leveling and it… kinda looks good from afar? I don’t know if it looks good zoomed in…

I tried to add detail to places to help them feel more memorable and also orient yourself. E.g. this plains area is just south of the canyon and surrounded by forresty areas:

I’m really hoping to find a programmer to make Zelda 1 style games with. I have art for pretty much all the Z1 enemies, I just… don’t wanna program another 2D game while I’m working on The Moon Fields, ha.

Edit:

God I love staring at this thing am I really that proud oh god

13 Likes

i do a lot of visual stuff. i’ll try to keep my post relatively brief.

i make glitch art. pixel art. voxel art. i’m also working on two games, a platformer and a click-and-point adventure/rpg.

tumblr_p9rk6014ds1qagmleo4_500

15 Likes

8 Likes

i gotta learn fashion drawing so i can start a webcomic

6 Likes

had finals today

13 Likes

This thing is finished, finally! The worst is the blending floss that you can’t see because it’s doing its job too well. It is a foil thread layered on top of a plastic one that parts really easily so it’s an exercise of patience to back-stitch it the requisite three times around a square. It also didn’t help that somewhere in the two years I had this thing the majority of the blending floss disappeared; I think it got cut off in the box I was storing them in and I never noticed.

Now I know how to do French Knots and back-stitching proficiently! They are fiddly and I hate them!

19 Likes

I totally forgot about this thread when I made my thread about an art pack I recently dropped on itch.io, but I’d much rather post stuff here:

animation

This has all been really helpful for figuring out how to do the 3D aesthetic of The Moon Fields.

9 Likes

7 Likes