SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE šŸ’€

I just learned that thereā€™s only one fixed (male) protagonist in Sekiro and Iā€™m bummed

2 Likes

Thereā€™s also only one main weapon I guess, the katana you start out with

Presumably that thing gets a bunch of buffs and inserts though

If it doesnā€™t that would be amazing

2 Likes

Iā€™m mostly not against these changes, yeah. I just find it interesting how far theyā€™re willing to go to offend Souls fans. No joining games, no character creation, no leveling, no weapon selectionā€¦ They must have really been sick of making souls games and Iā€™m happy for them that they could do something different, stretch their legs a little

3 Likes

ā€œā€¦they could make another Armored Core though,ā€ he says as the piles of Souls fan money slowly drown him.

7 Likes

iā€™m really teetering over this cause iā€™m not sure if i wanna be stressed out by a video game right now

1 Like

my local Gamestop is doing a 9PM release of this tonight for preorders, so i think iā€™ll be playing this tonight, possibly?

Same only now Iā€™m debating on going pc; feeling an itch for the visual tweak and finer streaming. On the other hand probably best to keep it simple and get to slashin.

Everything Iā€™m skimming gives the impression it is indeed about reducing numbers and systems to concentrate more on spatial awareness, tools, possible overhead strategies. And a lot more sprawling vertical movement so even though quick action/reactionā€™s required, you arenā€™t nearly as confined to melee evasion or running like mad.

1 Like

yeah my frothing demand increases and stuff but I gotta wait till next paycheck at least

Iā€™m just going to silently gaze and the post notifications for this thread, holding back tears until then

2 Likes

Tim joked 'pon it in his video but Iā€™d probably adore Armored Core Souls

Iā€™d take it, but yeah, it looks like Daemon X Machina is the closest thing to an AC game we are going to get for awhile :frowning:

i think itā€™s gravity rush

Yeah itā€™s a potential
So much about the Souls games is about catastrophe and its aftermath, that seems congruent with giant robots

1 Like

I mean, it actually has been a part of the AC games in the past. 4/5 at least (the ones where I paid some attention to the story) were all about post apocalyptic hellscapes and such.

My ideal soulstype is a game in which you start in a mech then you get wrecked and you have to rough it on foot until you get a mech again.

Wait, hang on

3 Likes

I have to go into the office in a bit so this will have to wait until tonight but it turns out steamā€™s region settings are pretty easy to fool

5 Likes

yeah iā€™m having a shit time at the moment and probably wouldnā€™t even be able to enjoy this but iā€™m starting to feel the froth

gonna be weird as an asian release demonā€™s souls pioneer not getting in on one of these joints day one

1 Like

this seems to be their most mainstream-geared effort so far so I mean, youā€™re probably fine

It looks like that on the surface but all the YouTubers that checked out the game early said it ramps up to something harder than any of the souls games, which would make it less mainstream (because hard = hardcore, obviously)

yeah from what Iā€™ve read itā€™s not really like that, it just has more mainstream production values and presentation and stuff. still a hardcore action game or whatever. Iā€™m just sayinā€™ probably less cred than say getting in on bloodborne at the ground floor or something.

1 Like