SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE 💀

In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice you are the “one-armed wolf”, a disgraced and disfigured warrior rescued from the brink of death. Bound to protect a young lord who is the descendant of an ancient bloodline, you become the target of many vicious enemies, including the dangerous Ashina clan. When the young lord is captured, nothing will stop you on a perilous quest to regain your honor, not even death itself.

Explore late 1500s Sengoku Japan, a brutal period of constant life and death conflict, as you come face to face with larger than life foes in a dark and twisted world. Unleash an arsenal of deadly prosthetic tools and powerful ninja abilities while you blend stealth, vertical traversal, and visceral head to head combat in a bloody confrontation.

Take Revenge. Restore your honor. Kill Ingeniously.

4 Likes

Praise the (Rising) Sun

1 Like

So is this just gonna be From Software’s Nioh? That’d be pretty funny.

Vaatividya did a nice breakdown of it for us.

19 Likes

The first half of the trailer was “oh right it’s a fromsoft game” but as soon as they showed the gameplay I was all in! I’m actually pretty excited about this I hope it’s as fast and grapplehooky as the trailer

It’s nioh-punk.

2 Likes

It feels nice seeing From making weird action games again.

1 Like

I heard more about this game and i’m pumped!

• No leveling, THANK GOD THEY CAN BALANCE THE GAME AND NOT PUT THINGS BEHIND LEVEL WALLS. Also no Souls, no anxiety about dying other than
 dying.

-No stupid leveled up items for progression. Thank goodness, this will just allow me to play the game and not need the nerd stick of +5 dumbassery

-You play a protag that’s defined

-No multiplayer, well
 boo but I imagine this will mean they’ll have a more focused experience.

-An interconnected world- sweet the best part of dirksuls is back.

Though put that all together, this basically isn’t a souls game at all. No souls, no stupid ass bobbles or needless trinkets. You play a character, we’ll see how the story unfolds. All in all this sounds like a step back from all the junk that made DarkSouls stupid and a push into what makes action games great. I’m pumped!

(oh FYI i’m THE guy that doesn’t like DarkSouls/Bloodborn. Yes it’s 100% because I suck balls at them)

3 Likes

I never could get into the flow of Dark Souls either, so you’re not alone on sb with your opinion. I still want to play Demon’s but emulation isn’t working fast enough for me right now

I will be really surprised and pleasantly if this comes to pass. Strongly suspect item-based progression will be typical, as per most action adventure games. I’d love for this to be a straight arcade title but at best it’s gonna be like Metroid

2 Likes

“Needless trinkets” have always been at the very core of Soulsborne design. Need them shiny white spheres to catch your eye and keep you exploring. I’d be very surprised if they abandoned that

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll go back to the King’s Field style of hiding tiny, hard-to-spot herbs and crystals under beds

2 Likes

and SKELETON CLOSETS

4 Likes

cannot believe the shade being thrown uih at Ass Bobbles, my most powerful and original OC you do not steal (do not steal)

3 Likes
9 Likes

what more

does a human need

That part actually has a skeleton behind the secret door first, so when you first come across it you open the door, get a skeleton surprise, fight the skeleton, then open the chest for a SECOND skeleton surprise

when that happened to me i laughed so hard i started coughing

5 Likes

I wouldn’t. It’s shit. The more games do away with meaningless inventory it will ring better for the games that actually work with having a useful inventory.