SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE 💀

eurogamer mentioned fromsoft having developed tenchu in their early impressions of this which didn’t scan to me and I just found out that they apparently took over the franchise from acquire in 2004?

weird

that’s in my brain as one of many that just didn’t really figure out what to do after moving from the PS1 to the PS2

2 Likes

Don’t know how many of you watch Vaatividya’s channel but he put out a beginner’s guide a few days ago:

2 Likes

boy howdy more power to you if you watched that but i can’t imagine being in a place where’d i’d click on a beginner’s guide to the new from software game the day before it comes out

7 Likes

Hypothetically, what would one do if the only From title one had played was like an hour of Demon’s Souls in like 2011

1 Like

play another couple of hundred hours of demon’s souls

7 Likes

:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

3 Likes

Very excited to play this literally all day Sunday

PC performance is broken lol

1 Like

How so? Might’ve nudged me back to PS4 Pro even if a little choppy

it’s running at like 15FPS and nothing I’m toggling fixes it

I’m sure it’ll get patched but this is – very endearingly – the most broken PC release I’ve encountered in ages

1 Like

How have all these comparison and preview builds been so solid then? Damn sucks to hear though

nah it’s funny, I absolutely wanted this

guess I’ll wait for a patch!

seems to be working fine for me so far

More assorted gamerz at this GameStop for Sekiro than DMC5 or RE2make’s closing release. Definitely its own fever strain.

not following

ds3 ran fine, but this thing seemingly does not abide dual cores and pegs out at 100%cpu/30%gpu and like 5fps no matter the rez.

Yeah From stuff is now pretty mainstream gamery, judging by the work chat.

1 Like

I just had to unplug my second display and reboot

hot plugging it somehow wasn’t enough

that’s the first time that’s happened to me in my life

glad that From haven’t lost their edge

I really want to see what the windows fullscreen API documentation looks like translated from Japanese one of these days because I have to imagine it’s a variant on “go fuck the computer”

i will try this 1 weird fix

first ten minutes impression is that if you wanted from to stop making souls games you got it, this is a lot more loose and forgiving but not in a bad way

it feels like a really good PS2 game