SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE 💀

i’m hoping it’s more Tenchu than NG tbh

2 Likes

I like Soulslites enough that I’ll even tolerate gitting gud once every two years for them

1 Like

I mean I’ll give it a try but I never got far in any of these games due to lack of interest, so… But movement seems much more like my cup of tea in Sekiro, so that might motivate me

Necropolis, maybe?

and Absolver, and the robot one, etc

they’re mostly not good enough

i would have played Ashen if this game wasn’t close enough to risk burnout

Is it true there’s no stats or levels because if so

6 Likes

Far as I’ve gathered no soul/blood type currency either. Gotta be some items or upgrades though (?) so probably hidden, challenges.

I could live with Metroid-y skill/item based gating

i don’t— the stats and levels in every Souls game were super ignorable besides in 2. this seems like a hang up for people wrt this series and i legit do not understand why

You can play all of dark souls 1 just putting barely enough points to equip a long sword, and then only upgrading that and your armor maybe for the whole game. It’s not some super hard difficulty challenge to do it that way either. I am not a video game savant, and i did it and had a great time.

1 Like

people can run through these things with a wooden club at level 0 in their underwear, I still find playing through these things normally to be a mostly miserable experience

Levels and stats are a variable difficulty system and I’m positive made the Souls games more approachable rather than less. Lower-skill players naturally spend more time in levels and get more souls and should be slightly higher level.

It’ll be interesting to see how they deal without that crutch if they remain high-difficulty, though I didn’t hear much about the much-less-forgiving Bloodborne.

1 Like

Bloodborne still had multiplayer to summon helpers for bosses. Removing both at once gives me pause.

No multiplayer! Wow, I can’t imagine the rationale for that one when they’ve got fairly well-developed skills they won’t want to let atrophy. Very interesting.

I understand why that flexibility’s important, but all these statements generally confirm what I’d been hoping for as I guess a more concentrated iteration of their combat and level design strengths. Hype to see what’s required; what’s available.

“We don’t want to include a difficulty selection because we want to bring everyone to the same level of discussion and the same level of enjoyment”

“So we want everyone … to first face that challenge and to overcome it in some way that suits them as a player.”

“We want everyone to feel that sense of accomplishment. We want everyone to feel elated and to join that discussion on the same level. We feel if there’s different difficulties, that’s going to segment and fragment the user base. People will have different experiences based on that [differing difficulty level]. This is something we take to heart when we design games. It’s been the same way for previous titles and it’s very much the same with Sekiro.”

Finally, Miyazaki said Sekiro is “probably even more challenging than previous From games”. This is gonna be a tough one.

Friends I still have not started Nioh
However, I am also very broke at the moment so I will hide this thread for the time being

“no formal difficulty settings” + “the game changes when you die a lot” means, to me, that this is going to be the thing where if you fall in a pit too many times luigi just shows up and does it for you

14 Likes

That’s gotta be what the Naruto Boruto dlc’s about

There better be that ninja-vanish-just-a-cut-log technique. Weird nuance and From humor should be present somewhere, let me creep up from death in prank mode.

Also bamboo breathing in a bloody river

1 Like

I don’t know man, that sounds pretty free market capitalist to me. From Software should read some Marx, from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs. I’m definitely not going to have the same experience as everyone else who’s good at these games, so I don’t get their point

1 Like

oh Sekiro has world tendency? cool