SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE šŸ’€

When are we getting ā€œsoulslitesā€ tho

1 Like

Thatā€™s ā€œgames with Soulskiroborne-lite elements.ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had the same general thoughts but donā€™t mind, mostly just like the way it sounds.

I think itā€™s been a simple accurate way to refer to them, and caught on because BB is distinct enough I know I couldnā€™t lump it in the same, nor say Souls-like except for referring to games not part of FROM or its teamā€™s work.

Soulselites, soulslights, soulsteals, solstice

solstice-cover

5 Likes

it would be cool if we had a tradition of playing a souls game every solstice

soulstice

yeah

6 Likes

i was just talking this out with someone

like theyā€™re just metroids, really, and the elements they do add to the metroid skeleton are, like, loot drops and leveling up, basically, but those things werenā€™t in castlevania either up until that point, so

what the heck!

3 Likes

they are called ā€œSoulsborneā€ games now because people donā€™t want to just say ā€œModern FromSoftware Action Gamesā€

or, honestly, ā€œFromSoftware games that arenā€™t Armored Coreā€

1 Like

Salt in my wounds, buddy. Salt. :salt:

3 Likes

iā€¦ ended up really liking this
when you get the timing down itā€™s very satisfying, like the active reload in gears

Itā€™s not bad, it makes its own flams if you want, but itā€™s pretty crufty. Extra complexity for somewhat unmotivated reasons. Or, the opposite of the elegant design we normally praise.

I donā€™t know why but I cannot muster any hype about this. the setting looks so boring.

but I felt that way about bloodborne too from its pre-release trailers so who knows

I also likeā€¦ never liked any of the 2000ā€™s era ninja gaiden games, so I really hope this isnā€™t like them mechanically ;__;

1 Like

the very first set of media failed to grab me but since like six months ago Iā€™ve been extremely hype

i guess there also could still be some bloodborne-like twist in the second half of the game?

1 Like

DMC5 pretty much absorbed all my hype but I am into this for if nothing else it looks like it has some fun grapple hook navigation. But this is def on my get to it sometime list.

I am next-level hype and Iā€™m so curious to see if thereā€™ll be a Bloodbourne style thematic twist.

I listened to the Waypoint podcast where they talked about the first hour of the game, and they vaguely mentioned a really interesting new mechanic thatā€™s got me dying to know more (spoilers): Apparently, dying repeatedly causes the world to change in significant ways, kind of like Bloodbourneā€™s insight mechanic.

i am unfailingly hype but also have tried to limit watching footage or reading about deets because of how much these games rely on mystery and obfuscation. i want to be surprised!!

2 Likes

I bought Left Alive instead. :dongdance:

2 Likes

Maybe thatā€™s related to the ā€œprice you payā€ as I think one of the team spoke during a hands-on impression. As in choosing to revive leads to an insight or a not quite as tricky world tendency?

No multiplayer. Legendary Big M said itā€™s probably more challenging than previous titles.

Could weā€™ve had DMC dessert before this Sekiro steak?

I looked at a lot of footage and Iā€™m pretty hype. Wasnā€™t at all before this month. Admittedly the footage was all from the same press event, just from different YouTubers, so I havenā€™t seen much, just the same level over again. From Soft flew a bunch of people to Tokyo to check out the game for three hours and my feed is now full with impressions.

Iā€™d play this game if I could pirate it and cheat in invulnerability! Iā€™d like to just walk through the game, experience the setting and story. I donā€™t want to git gud at games anymore and this is git gud central from what Iā€™ve heard

1 Like