SB game idea megathread

I was thinking a silly western RPG as an excuse to give everyone really shitty guns. And also to put in every shitty silly western gun like pepperbox pistols, volcanics, and apache revolvers- which also has the side-benefit that if you get a really good gun, it’s not gonna carry you the whole match because the ammo you get with it is likely to be the only ammo of that type. Also olde-timey dynamite and bottles of nitroglycerin.

3 Likes

that sounds like a much better game!

Hence why Battlegrounds, the Revolutionary War team deathmatch Half-Life 1 mod, is the greatest multiplayer game ever devised

2 Likes

Been thinking more about this and it actually seems like it could work and be kinda neat.

You design an island for 100 little Sims to drop into and they run around picking stuff up and then have their little fights. Raise and lower terrain, plunk down points of interest. You can click on the little guys and they’ll pop up with little thought bubbles like “There’s not enough ammo!” or “The sightlines on this map are too long, there’s too many snipers!” or whatever.

9 Likes

a game where you sneak around the senate and assassinate terrible senators

2 Likes

4 Likes

A cross between Sim City and those Bridge Builder games where you have to build a city on the side of a cliff, but you have to be carefull re: stresses and supports, so the buildings don’t fall

2 Likes

A game development simulator where the character traits of each individual developer on your team is simulated in Crusader Kings-level detail, as are the publishers and industry design trends. You might feel like it was a waste when it turned out your Genius Developer is only really interested in Hyperviolence and Sports(Golf), but if Massacre Golf is good enough everyone else will get in on that and leave boring ideas like ‘first-person shooters’ behind.

3 Likes

SkiFree but you’re the yeti

6 Likes

Mostly waiting and then…

Burst from the trees!! Devour!!

2 Likes

you can try a version of this here

1 Like

EXT. SPACE

A hazy purple disc expands in silence. A white flash of light, a familiar yellow warship hurtles out of the disk, pursued by half a dozen grotesque bioships vomiting plasma blasts, before the disk collapses back into the ether.

CUT TO Warship - interior. Close up on a control panel - every alarm signal blazing, shields at 0% capacity. A fist slams down to smash a button on the panel

CUT TO space - A shockwave emanates from the warship, obliterating the bioships, vaporizing them instantly. The warship, completely depleted of fuel and supplies and even more badly damaged, veers wildly off course. We follow the ship, as a lush green planet comes into sight in the distance.

DISSOLVE TO Jungle planet. Night - The warship crash-lands in the middle of a dense jungle. A teeming horde of apelike creatures scrambles through the jungle to the ship, surrounding it, climbing on it, beginning to pull debris from the ship curiously. They are interrupted - off screen - by a thunderous cry, and all look towards the camera simultaneously, then begin to descend from the ship and part, forming a path. We see a large figure walking towards the ship as war drums thunder in the distance

QUICK CUT to a reverse angle, at the feet of the approaching figure. We can see a red tie swinging as he approaches the warship

Text on screen

HIDEO KOJIMA PRESENTS
M E T R O I D P R I M E 4 :
EXILE IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY

8 Likes

a horror game that uses facebook emotion sensing technology to see if you’re scared. a game acting as a host or dj that wants to take care of you as a player, emotionally

if you became catatonic in a VR space, unable to move, with your eyes closed, the game will get rid of the scary things and present you with a savior to crawl into the arms of

1 Like

A horror game that reallllllly fucks with you thanks to eye tracking. things appearing in the corner of your eye and swiftly disappearing as soon as you look. Glance away at something interesting, look forward, the world has changed, oh god.

1 Like

I’m surprised this took this long, Sony was demoing eye-tracking VR before they released their headset to the point where I thought it would ship with it. They had an Infamous demo and everything!

I mean at this rate they’re probably the keepers of whether that becomes a de facto next gen VR feature

you’re a clerk at a place that takes trade ins and you get to punch the people that are rude or try to trade in shit

3 Likes

I did that once but by accident because the guy had leaned closer to the counter than I realized while I was doing my dramatic spin move to hand him the copy of gyakuten saiban he’d asked for and he was really understanding about it

2 Likes

you start out as a wee squishable blob which spawns from a (randomly-placed) meteor and have to slurm your way around a lively b-movie world avoiding detection & hazards and schlorping up anything and everything you can in order to grow larger.

basically Katamari Damacy meets Rampage

5 Likes

I don’t really like anything Drinkbox, but Tales From Space tries this on:

1 Like