SB game idea megathread

some kind of crossover between theatre directing and lemmings

2 Likes

WarioWare RPG

5 Likes

“warioware mmo: kill your warios”
teaches u how to write c in the most accessible way possible somehow
provides shigeru miyamotos address at the endgame so you can turn off your computer and kick his ass

3 Likes

House - You are a haunted house. Draw in and concentrate psychic turbulence and use it to do various spooky things in an attempt to get rid of your tenants.

2 Likes

something pretty close to that already exists! haunting starring polterguy on mega drive

1 Like

An action game with optional stealth/nonlethal mechanics, where nonlethal ghosting is interpreted in the narrative as the protagonist being a vain jerk that’s more concerned with having a perfect record than the lives of the people who are depending on him to complete the mission.

2 Likes

This is literally Ghost Master

1 Like

A fighting game where each warrior must write a short poem covering three randomly chosen themes before each match. A crowd judges each poem by a rubric and their scores are translated into stat boosts for each otherwise generic fighter.

This might be hard to build a critical mass for, so it could also work that each player has a set of submitted poems whose cumulative rankings determine the power and style of their fighter.

a standalone handheld sim city clone. like a tamagotchi, but it’s a city in there.

you could even use the tamagotchi time scale of 1 game year = 1 real day

3 Likes

a trivial pursuit rpg with the atmosphere of a SMT game (its nighttime and everyone is an asshole to each other and smiles like the joker)

1 Like

shake the device to make an earthquake

1 Like

i’ve had, for a long time now, the idea for a standalone handheld video pinball game with similar features!

combine physical reality with videogame reality :open_mouth:

2 Likes

people gave the DS shit for having a microphone that you couldn’t use for anything but the combination of using a touchscreen and occasionally blowing into the microphone to do something made me feel more cyberpunk than anything before that (other than the virtual boy)

it doesn’t take much to blur the lines for me though

1 Like

@tulpa post yr idea for an open world rpg modding simulator

2 Likes

Madden: The Gathering

3 Likes

taking leopold szondi’s personality test at the beginning of an rpg. fate analysis is really good game name too

A game that steals character models from other games installed on your hard-drive.

1 Like

this isn’t really that but it’s instead a mediation on the value of work that steals assets from N64 games

http://www.oikospiel.com/

and I can never pass up an opportunity to push it

So Gary’s Mod but eliminating the middleman of other people doing it?