SB game idea megathread

i couldn’t sleep last night and i decided to play columns at 3am. while playing, my sleep-deprived, half-dreaming brain started telling me that each colour was a person at a party, and when you got rid of more than one colour at a time, either simultaneously or as part of a chain, that was two people who hit it off and were leaving the party together.

so i guess a colour-matching puzzle game that actually incorporates that somehow is my idea.

4 Likes

All of this basically:

1 Like

Final Fantasy Tactics, but online vs battle only

3 Likes

There was a kickstarter that was like, “yo we doing FFT with an epic story,” then it pivoted to online battles only and then everyone hated it.

(I think it’s a good idea still)

1 Like

Nintendota

1 Like

A fighting game boss whose gimmick is that they are cheating their pants off. While their damage is somewhat below average on all their attacks, they make up for it by ignoring rules- getting to start moving before the start of a round, being able to damage you in the next round by beating up your unconcious body in this round, being able to kick a downed fighter, etc. Their non-boss version is specifically aimed to be a low tier joke character.

2 Likes

PUBG but with Pokemon instead of guns

2 Likes

playerunknown’s façade - up to 64 players help grace and trip with their marriage in a large open world

13 Likes

i think about my my dumb game is pubg dark souls a lot

1 Like

Player Unknown’s Rap Battlegrounds

1 Like

PlayerUnknown’s High-Stakes Pictionary

One player gets to see a procedurally-generated blueprint. They must communicate to the other 63 players a plan for the structure that must be built using a limited set of emotes and limited drawing tools. The other players must construct the structure within the time-limit.

And also prevent the fish-men from the seas from tearing the structure apart, of course. I did mention that part, right?

Saw last Jedi for the second time and the game idea is

FROM Software Presents: Star Wars The Fighting Game

3 Likes

I just bought RPGmaker MV. I want to make a fallout style game but with dragons, in a sort of grounded magical realism context. What assets do I need for this, free or otherwise, and where do I get them?

Id recommend worrying about art assets after youve built systems and things. Take this advice with a grain of salt tho as I have never done anything

2 Likes

Steal a bunch of scanned figures from illuminated manuscripts?

3 Likes

yeah gilliam it up, could own

Dwarf Fortress, but every dwarf is a player

1 Like

mod for the future PC port of demon’s souls where old king allant is replaced with youngkingdave

A Cyberpunk CRPG where, in addition to lethal and nonlethal weapons, there’s a third category: mnenodestructive. See, due to ubiquitous augmentation and ridiculous medical science, simply shooting someone in the head is insufficient to ensure that they’re permanently dead. If you want to guarantee that someone is dead forever, you need to obliterate their brains thoroughly, either through extreme force or by injecting highly-illegal and expensive nanite agents into their bloodstream.
Thus, the three choices are:
Nonlethal: Doesn’t kill people, just fucks them up. If they witnessed you doing something, they still count as a witness.
Mnenodesctructive: Kills people super good. If they witnessed something, it doesn’t matter.
Lethal: Might kill people, might have them come back more borged up. If they witnessed your actions, they may or may not be able to witness them. If you killed them, they are probably angry about it.

A good idea, but a dificult one, would be to have each NPC have a specific chance of recovering from a lethal kill, which is weighted by how cyborged they are and how healthy they are, but then you’d have to have the story account for alive/dead/borged/borged and pissed off as possible results.

3 Likes

How would you deal with lo-tech brain destruction. Like just chopping everyone’s heads off and putting them in a bag or whatever.