RESIDENT EVIL....

Resident Evil is the 32 bit follow up to Zelda 1

2 Likes

The only thing I didnā€™t like from the video I watched is the zombies took like 6 or 7 headshots to go down. It seemed a little tedious. Iā€™d take half the ammo if they went down in half the time.

1 Like

overall i like that the zombies are more of a threat now but it was also annoying as fuck in the demo when i had a zombie get back up multiple times after iā€™d shot it in the head about 30 times and i couldnā€™t avoid it

That feels like the RE remake to me ā€“ lots of deliberate uncertainty about when a zombieā€™s dead, encouraging you to chance it and run past and worry about your back.

Absent pressure, like a Nemesis tyrant or other monsters you can be obnoxiously patient, though, so I hope/assume you normally have tighter situations like the library bit at the end.

are there going to be crimson heads in this?

God I wish. REmake is the form of the original sculpted and exalted in my highest, including major +ā€™s like Crimson Heads.

However well this game does things I donā€™t expect that kind of extra mileage but Iā€™d love to be surprised.

i would love to see crimson heads again. but they should be able to follow you through doors.

Yeah, Iā€™m surprised Revelations 2 doesnā€™t get more praise on this board. Itā€™s just a jam-packed garbage bag full of varied gameplay ideas that really compliment a story that manages to lean into some of the wackier elements of RE lore while still feeling somewhat personal. Also the color palette of the game is really sweet and it runs at a buttery-smooth 60 fps. Depending on my mood, you might get me to admit itā€™s the third best RE game behind remake and RE3.

1 Like

also it has an incredible verbose multiplayer mercenaries mode too

pretty sure RE:velations 2 mercenary mode has almost every mercenaries map from every over the shoulder game with dozens of characters and loadouts to customize
itā€™s the shooting gallery funhouse version of re

Iā€™m starting to feel a bit less like I was the only person who didnā€™t like RE4 and wished the series would go back to the old style but just cleaned up controls and improved UX

have you played 7?

me?

No. 3spoopy5me

I hear itā€™s good, and I believe it, but the PS2 era was the last point where graphical fidelity was limited enough that actual-horror was approachable for me

this RE2 remake looks fine though, so far, since itā€™s a much different flavor of spooktacular

I had totally written off the games after 5 and 6 (yes I know 6 is apparently really neat in some respects I just donā€™t care) and 7 is honestly a pretty damn neat thing

Itā€™s like a ā€œwow, I sure am glad that these people felt compelled to make this videogame! whoā€™d have known!ā€

reminds me of when EAD started getting good again, like there was nothing compelling them to reexamine their strengths, the critical response wasnā€™t taking them anywhere unexpected, and then, oh wow!

2 Likes

5 and 6 are both good in fairly specific ways, but have the fatal flaws of heaps of racism and great mechanics with trash level design respectively.

I feel weird being the dude who just didnā€™t enjoy 7 at all.

Thatā€™s why we have a podcast!

Echo Chamber Echo Chamber Echo Chamber

The most I had with RE7 was watching Adi play and going ā€œoh we were doing it right.ā€

1 Like

i think itā€™s my least favorite from mainline series, i must admit, but itā€™s still enjoyable imo. although iā€™d say its highs are stronger than 5, but its lows (everything from ship onwards) are terribad low.

2 Likes

6-7-2 is such a strange design progression

3 Likes

I found there was a wide range of health. sometimes youā€™d get a critical on your first headshot, sometimes theyā€™d go down after 2, sometimes after 7 or 8.

Really hope the final game isnā€™t so silent as the previews/demo have shown, though I guess at this point means it probably is? I might get the classic OST score. So much silence takes air from RE atmosphere.