RESIDENT EVIL....

I thought he died in a Swedish drag racing accident

2 Likes

oh mannn I wish Iā€™d waited another week to play it

He actually went to jail for a year for stabbing a police dog (it survived) after failing to rob an electronics store in Sweden.

Itā€™s in a Japanese-text interview from a limited edition artbook or whatever that I read about on a now-expired, unarchived fansite as an impressionable teenager.

I love Resident Evil lore.

This is such wonderful news~~

I mean yeah now I gotta play this on my laptop for da modz.

Howā€™s the classic soundtrack and SFX dlc?

itā€™s pretty good! i really love those 1998 heavy menu sounds. didnā€™t mind throwing down a couple more bucks for that and silly old costumes. i didnā€™t find the remakeā€™s score very memorable at all, so itā€™s a nice addition.

i get the same amount of ā€œwarm nostalgic vibes inside the latest franchise installmentā€ from this game as i do with something like PokĆ©mon Letā€™s Go Eev/kacu!, itā€™s exactly what i was hoping to get from a solid remake with really nice quality of life improvents. this is the first RE i could see myself trying dedicated hardcore/speed runs

echoing what some others have said in that the grab range of these zombies is the most terrifying thing in this game and i wish the sprinting was just a hair bit faster

1 Like

there is a bit of this 90ā€™s Gen X ā€œdisaffectednessā€ happening in cutscenes and iā€™m choosing to believe itā€™s intentional

this game feels so detailed and so unpolished at the same time and iā€™m really charmed by it for some reason

does ReShade work with this game I wonder I donā€™t know anything about it?

5 Likes

10 Likes

My God, thatā€™s beautiful! A bit unsettling seeing '98 Claire having a conversation with 2019 Marvin though!

1 Like

amazing how well the gameā€™s visuals hold up when downscaled

1 Like

yeah I have no idea what about it achieves this but it looks strangely compelling running on Intel graphics?

it looks just as good maxed out as high as it can go too

good engine

3 Likes

also just solid art direction and visual engineering I imagine

1 Like

In another direction:

No more combing for a high quality when I need my 3:08 fix.

4 Likes

iā€™ve seen this intro hundreds of times, and i donā€™t think i ever noticed the Cerberusā€™ goofy eyes! are they using a specific program to do this stuff?

1 Like

RE4 and 5 give me my .308 fix

2 Likes

i had a nasty cold the last couple days and decided that being fucked up on nyquil & weed was the perfect time to finally play

ive been putting it off because im too Actually Scared of Nemesis ._.

i tried to fight him the first time you run into him, because i want the cool guns he drops, butā€¦ itā€™s really hard to do complicated maneuvers in this engine and Jillā€™s dodge doesnā€™t have iframes D:

hiding from him in the RE2 police station now. when that motherfucker burst through a window with a ROCKET LAWNCHAIR i laughed, but also screamed

5 Likes

Too bad he doesnā€™t have a heart of gold like the Paul Anderson version.

Hell yeah, not sure why itā€™s the entry Iā€™ve played least in ages - so I too am ready for Jillā€™s LAST ESCAPE. Been thinking of streaming but might wait until thereā€™s a Sourcenext / Rebirth mod likeā€™s been done for RE1+2.