RESIDENT EVIL....

Same here! I was unreasonably proud of myself for actually finishing a RE game, after a childhood of constantly getting stuck in those games without enough ammo or healing items to progress (at least at my 12 year old ability). This game was a little more forgiving on Standard, but I was still impressed by how scarce ammo and heals were, while still being Just Enough to really feel like the totally desperate situation it should feel like.

Also don’t sleep on R+B herbs, the hit resistance is very helpful.

1 Like

it’s worth playing claire b to try out her much quirkier set of weapons & to unlock hunk

1 Like

leon looks like james sunderland here

5 Likes

I started Claire A after Leon A. I’m saving much less frequently, but I seem to be getting myself into stickier situations as Claire. I’m constantly low on ammo and red herbs. This is great!

2 Likes

yeah it’s been a long time since I’ve felt survival intensity like this

1 Like

some of them are pretty good shlocky action movies, and if you need more of hyper competent re4 leon they’re good places to go

they under utilize and let down just about every woman in the series even more than the actual games do and i remember one of them treating jill even WORSE than re5 did

1 Like

I had no idea though this makes a lot of sense and is awesome, been wanting to watch 'em a while too. Viewing club? Bio-violence-hazard night???

1 Like

they’re way more tolerable than the live action movies, definitely worth checking them out.

There’s a cheap Blu-Ray with all three of them on there but where is the connection with John Woo? is there a link you can provide? I half-assed a Google search but didn’t see anything yet.

I’ve just seen the clips of the ridiculous post john wick gun fights in these things

also I didn’t realize re2 had actually been cracked way back at the first of the month until today

[spoiler]So I go in to the part at the end of the sewers where you have to grab the knight plug and the queen plug, but there’s like three of those disgusting water blob things that poison you. I’ve got about three revolver bullets and exactly one flame round to get past them so I just haul ass and manage to get by… but I’m poisoned!

Oh well! I made it to the room with the plugs! Claire can’t stop coughing from the poison. I have a R+G mix in my inventory, and I found a blue herb in the room! I know damn well I have to get by those bastards again after solving this puzzle, so I’m really feeling the pressure here. I collect what’s in the room and mix my blue herb with the R+G mixture. I eat the three-herb mixture and just go for a full on run past the enemies. They manage to get a few hits on me and get my health down, but the mixture prevents me from getting poisoned a second time!

The sense of dread I had while I was in that room knowing I had to go back through the gauntlet was ridiculous.[/spoiler]

edit: spoiler blur machine broke?

2 Likes

I’m honestly not sure I can feel fear in the same way after RE7 in VR

these lickers are like puppies

one of the most satisfying moments of my playthrough was when I stuffed a grenade in a licker’s mouth and then blew the fucker up with a well-placed shotgun blast

I honestly never realized how many ridiculous keys this game has. I don’t think any game has ever had as many stupid keys. and it works! it totally works and it’s fun!

in a way I feel like that somehow makes it more accessible because that part of its design is like … basically comparable to any given iPhone Mystlike where they’ve totally fucked off and been like “oh yeah you need more hand cranks, for sure”

it’s so cavalier about its game design

2 Likes

REmake might have the most keys altogether, they’re more medieval-gothic in tone with the mansion compared to yeah the outright fun and gaminess of using card suits.

No STAR(S) key for the office though, also here’s a minus - not including the team photo, they shoulda just used as is!

wj9nd3jevx411

2 Likes

Also, Brad Vickers is a pisser (seen on 1F east bathroom wall)

wj9nd3jevx411

random thought as I watch the RE2 commercial playing on the bar TV and it looks better than most contemporary action movies: If you showed RE2make to someone living in 1998, there’s a chance they wouldn’t be impressed by the graphics.

(non-gamers are mysterious to me)

(edit: doubling down on my gamer identity on selectbutton.net)

I’m so happy to think young kids are gonna play this wholesome, awesome, inspiring videogame and have every image of it etched in their heads for their whole lives.

I hope everyone at CAPCOM is proud of their work here. It’s really made my month and I can’t stop thinking about how good it is on so many subtle levels, just how many artistically correct choices were made. I didn’t even have to edit ANY of the default gameplay or control options, not even thumbstick sensitivity; it’s like this game was made for me.

1 Like

I really wonder what it’s like to work on something and have the only version available in your country censor it out. Do they feel like the US version is the ‘real’ version, in a language they aren’t fluent in? Do they sneak time on the copy at work if they want to play through the real game, the official copy at home sadly neglected?

there are a lot of literal keys and yet most of the keys aren’t even keys! a battery is a key and an ancient sceptre is a key and a police badge is a key