did get annoyed that the computer needed a ‘USB’ plug though

maybe S.T.A.R.S. and Umbrella were all in on pre-adoption standards

4 Likes

98 is plausible!

maybe not for a police department computer

but STARS probably had the good stuff

1 Like

maybe it’s Umbrella’s ‘security through obscurity, and B.O.W.s’

It’s actually really interesting that even the Z version is still censored; I wonder just how much.

the localization is very confident (the police chief’s journal is hilarious) and even the original RE2 actually released in the US ahead of Japan so I have to imagine there’s some precedent for making it “for export,” not so different from any other sector

1 Like

Yeah, I think they almost certainly developed with the US as the lead market. Commercial entertainment though – you’re making something you’re proud of, that you think is cool (ostensibly). And you can’t get it for yourself, or your friends or family!

I need to turn off HDR so I can take some screenshots. The baked-in text is incredible in this game and I can’t even tell if they’re making jokes or not

1 Like

PLEASE TELL ME THE MO DISK IS STILL IN

at 12 hours into Leon A,

I’m not far enough yet

the stars group photo is in wesker’s office actually

Well damn! Seems I kinda glossed over it in this corner, smaller and you can’t check it but still cool. Maybe on pc higher res the plaques could be read better, probably just general accolades.

The highly detailed and still very faithful (with fair or subtle alterations) police station is obviously their best craft, makes the mid-later areas come off a tad more routine but they’re still very good. I was a little disappointed with the final area at first, maybe lacking a chance for more interconnections but having gone through it a few times now, I appreciate how well laid out it is in a different more practical sense.

I can’t see a thing in this game

plausible for a USB device to exist, but a DONGLE?

what made me far more angry was the presence of a hamburger menu in the one of the later game fake OS UI’s

mostly because so many other pains were made to keep this game period accurate.

and the first PC you encounter has a very convincing windows 98 style UI!

how did they get this so wrong!!!

20 year old streamers would have been confused if they’d used the parallel port

4 Likes

I would have died if you had to plug in a SCSI device

4 Likes

they could’ve conceivably required you to find and combine three separate SCSI dongles to get the thing hooked up properly and it wouldn’t have felt at all out of place

2 Likes

just like, slap some tarot symbols on them or something and you’re good to go

3 Likes

I love that there’s a note about the chess piece fuse keys explaining the history of an electrical company based on “fun!”

And folks in Raccoon City said, yes, we need more fun electricians

4 Likes

that was one of my favorite parts, and then the guy drops that’s he in all these chess organizations

I really love the lengths they went to make all the campy shit slightly more plausible

3 Likes

Will you take the DEATH DONGLE?

2 Likes