REDACTED [Takenobu Mitsuyoshi Remix] - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Thread Extended

I’m pretty sure at this point that I will break my Switch in half either once I complete unlocking everyone or my save ever gets deleted

2 Likes

That one was a doozy. I can’t even remember how I completed it, I think it was Sheik with high speed boost and just a lot of luck.

The one themed around Wii Music was kicking my arse as well

we’re all doing spirits on hard right? i’m still trying to persevere but about half a dozen fights in it just got impossible for me

I’m just doing normal, but I suck at Smash anyway

hm is spirits interesting? i played like ten of them at once but haven’t touched it since

I’m just playing on normal because why would I care to play on hard? Also it gets pretty intense even on Normal. My current available characters in Spirits do not fit my playstyle at all, so that is interesting.

I did just get to a base that I am infiltrating now.

I’m Free NOW!

4 Likes

i’m almost there, getting hype

I hope they add a grandiosity slider in Options.

Unlock last fighter->quit game->back up save to the cloud

gonna go dump my head in a bucket of eye drop solution

1 Like

both of these are my feelings right now

5 Likes

SW-7771-8618-5882

i’m pikaaaaa

Spirits gets hard / I suck a lot

I am getting better though!

It ramps up really fast! First hour or two is pretty easy then I wander over to that base in the lower left and just get wrecked over and over. There’s a boss in there I smashed my head against for a while before deciding that my real problem is that I need stronger spirits. That’s it. Definitely just weak spirits.

The 2x metal rob stamina battle just before snake is… Very frustrating. My biggest accomplishment in the game so far

1 Like

I’m stuck on that fight and the samus The Boss fight across the bridge.

I’ll cruise through Classic Mode with ease and then get to the challenge fight at the end and completely blow it about half of the time.

I don’t think Greninja even touched the ground when I fought him. What a monster.

Meanwhile Ridley was a pushover. Weird how things in this game work.

1 Like

I’ve played this game for hours and unlocked like… a third of the cast. I should just target falco.

I’m mad that I’ll do classic on a character I know and can’t ever get 9.9 but I fucking picked Cloud and hit 9.9 on my first full run through

I’m also mad that Link doesn’t have his hookshot anymore and its absence confuses my brain

(what I’m actually mad about is that G&W’s fair is no longer the book stack but a bomb that he drops but on the other hand, the bucket reflects stuff now)

1 Like

after some time online I have decided this game Kind Of Sucks

might be my melee bias speaking but like, there is not enough hitstun in this game for it to be anything but frustrating to play

there’s all sorts of bullshit tiny things that ruin any kind of combo potential where just mashing out a neutral air or some jab or something will just completely reset any advantage you gained back to neutral, but some smashes are also so stupidly powerful that they will kill at 100-115% while me with my poor inkling will struggle to kill someone with a fully-inked forward smash at 125%

I will be outplaying someone for the entire game and then they will just mash some dumb shit out on the c stick and kill me at 100% with some smash that I can’t DI out of (because they reduced the efficacy of smash DI of course) while they’re sitting pretty at 170%

none of my good decisions seem to result in anything! I have actually been punished for hitting my opponent with an aerial that they mash something out of! that’s how little hitstun anything has in this game except for the blessed few who have incredible priority on everything

I am probably playing this in a less-than-optimal way because I don’t have my gamecube controller adapter but also the lag and the joycon stick will result in inputs that apparently I’ve accidentally pressed but…I have no idea how I could have accidentally pressed any of it

even with the preferred rules setting on I’ll be getting 3 stocks 3 minutes games that always go into sudden death that I’ll win because I threw an ink bomb and they don’t have any ranged stuff

this game is probably better offline no I’m not mad because I got two stocked by a lucina at 180%

i think Young Link has the hookshot?

anyway, i unlocked all the characters today. what a slog.

this game is a lot more fun when you’re playing it against friends! lol. i got to do that for a bunch of hours yesterday.

currently i’m planning to main Richter and Cloud. Ken seems fun, but switching between Street Fighter style to Smash hurts my brain too much.

i tried the single player story mode and…idk, i guess it’s fine. it’s something to do when i have no one to play against, i suppose.

update: my wife has talked me down from “this game sucks” to “i should try another character”

4 Likes