REDACTED [Takenobu Mitsuyoshi Remix] - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Thread Extended

i got a 1v1 room up, think it’s visible to all my friends

5516-2201-1728

Just sent you a friend request as CD.

4885 8235 3890

1 Like

I decided to join the fight
SW-7011-1439-9716

playing this on that joycon joystick suuuuucks

ngl, unlocking all these characters is kind of making me regret buying this game. it’s a kind of tedium that reminds me of the worst jobs i’ve ever had in my life.

1 Like

what you do is start a ten minute timed match between you and a cp and then put the controller down and go make your coffee and stuff and then when you get back there’s a challenger ready for you

also yes i’ve got like 3-4 open slots on a family plan over here, plz hmu

1 Like

I pretty much only did what was necessary to unlock Lucas and Isabelle, and now I’m just letting the unlocks happen when they may. It’s unfortunate that the lobby system is so cumbersome if you want to change characters or stages.

1 Like

yeah but then you have to beat the character to earn them, and after character, say, 35 or so, the AI gets exponentially more difficult. i have about 60 characters right now and i’m not consistently winning. i’m definitely years out of practice with the game, but i’m not bad. it’s just that AI where they read your button inputs and know the exact counter to whatever you’re doing.

i’m seemingly the only person on the internet who is viscerally annoyed by this, so i’m gonna shut up about it now.

however, i unlocked the Belmonts, which is all i really cared about, anyway.

The Belmonts are fucking good times.

2 Likes

nailing somebody with the end of the whip is so good

2 Likes

I got wrecked by Jigglypuff 4 times before I beat them to add them to my roster.

I find that whenever I’m struggling with an unlock, switching to Pikachu makes it a lot easier. Soooo much more dangerous than in Smash 4.

I like the return of the unlocks! I had friends over and we ordered a shitty pizza!

Some of the new remixes are real bad! Snake Eater by way of Goldeneye N64 remix!

1 Like

Wow I suck at this

There’s so much stuff!

So glad the “continue” in classic mode is a suspend point instead of having to start the battle over again.

3 Likes

If you want to grind for a specific character then you can complete Classic Mode in the following orders

5 Likes

All roads lead to Sonic apparently.

4 Likes

I think this chart loops. So, if you clear Classic with Mario for the first time, but you’ve already unlocked all the characters in his column, Bowser being the last unlock in his column means it jumps to the next column, and so you’d encounter Pokemon Trainer. If you’ve unlocked everybody in DK’s column, you would then instead encounter K. Rool, and so on. Or perhaps I have misunderstood this.

A lot of the Classic Mode routes are pretty cute.

Really liked the approach they went with Ryu’s route, especially the final battle. When I saw the set up I kept thinkin’ “oh man are they gonna play the music” and - yeah they totally do.

Shame on Wii Fit Trainer for assaultin’ all the heavy folks, though.

Spirit Mode is kicking my ass. That one fight that’s Zelda + Fatal Frame girl (I think?) is a nightmare.

Why did Yuzo Koshiro make a remix of Guile’s theme here? Because it is some fun shit.