Quick Questions XV: Episode Prompto

I don’t like low profile mechanical keyboards at all, I happily go between standard size heavy linear mechanicals and Macbook keyboards but trying to combine them is bad imo

I’m so thoroughly acclimated to chiclet keyboards everything else feels like I’m forgetting to load the ink ribbon

3 Likes

This $30 bluetooth multidevice keyboard I bought for my iPad lets me max out at around 130wpm which is the same as my 10yo $100 CherryMX Brown 10keyless. I can get around 110wpm max on my Thinkpad T460p laptop keyboard.

IDK if typing speed is any inidication of how good a keyboard is, though. I do enjoy typing on everything besides my laptop keyboard, though. It’s fine, but like, I don’t prefer it.

3 Likes

It’s all preference and commodity fetishism if you’re looking for a keyboard that is not the $30 keyboard most people should and do buy.

1 Like

Minor correction but browns are tactile, not clicky. There are relatively few true clickies, being pretty much blue/blue knockoffs, kailh box pinks, and like one or two more from kailh.

Most people hate the true clicky, but I love them.

1 Like

I don’t mind the choc low profile blues I have on my Odin fight stick replacement.

What is the difference between tactile and clicky?

1 Like

vs

4 Likes

Edit: Tulpa got the gifs.

Basically clicky keys have a separate mechanism (that makes the click), causing a very noticable feeling well before bottoming out, so it’s easier to not bottom out. Tactiles are supposed to offer a smaller bump feeling, but I can only barely feel it on most of them.

1 Like

I actually prefer browns because they’re not as heavy as blues but I like the tactile response (can’t stand linear keys personally)

Shoved a bunch of blue o-rings on these to dampen them even further and I find that I never bottom out as the o-ring makes it so I have to put way more force than normal to actually hit bottom.

I only like linears but… not most of them

Not that I am ever going to give it the time of day, but what was Riveria like? I tried it back in the day and remember only turning it off because I inmediately hated it. I was probably just being a jerk!

1 Like

There’s no real overworld, you just explore little maps in a turn-based fashion via a pool of action points, which you also use to investigate points of interest, open chests, etc.

The abilities available to the characters in your party during combat are determined by the items you’re able to use, and the items have durability counters so they can only be used X amount of times, etc. If I recall the items are shared between everyone rather than being equipped to specific characters. You can get around these item limits in a training mode that enables a bit of grinding for level ups.

Outside of combat you can woo the anime girls in the party in dialogue prompts, but usually being nice to one of them entails accidentally being mean to another. The actual plot is anime fantasy stuff about Angels/Demons/Heaven etc

I really liked it when I played it on GBA 15 years ago or so! Have no idea if it really holds up.

4 Likes

the bathhouse voyeurism scenes are extremely discomforting and alien in a T-rated gameboy release. they either barely managed to scrape by the 13 rating or ESRB just didn’t notice

1 Like

Wow I completely forgot about that, I guess!

1 Like

yeah just an offhand thing, not slamming our lord and savior sting entertainment

3 Likes

i kinda feel like all Sting games get really close to being my ideal videogame without ever fully getting there. i feel like Yggdra Union got closest?

3 Likes

you may not like it but this is what peak game design looks like

18 Likes

I’ve always meant to play this one. Worth emulating one day, you think?

Yeah, the PSP version for graphical fidelity unless you really want to do bullet dodging with a mouse cursor on the DS version. Also recommended to play on easy because it’s kind of brutal even with a full tutorial

1 Like