Quick Questions XV: Episode Prompto

so what’s the deal with death stranding dc?? i was going to replay it on pc while it was cheap but maybe i’ll hang on now

No word on upgrading it, but PS4 saves were able to (in a diegetic way, through a delivery mission) turn themselves into PS5 DC saves. So I imagine you wouldn’t need to restart the game to get the new content. I don’t know how it works post-game though, so I am holding off on finishing the game again for now.

1 Like

Has anyone here tried playing WII emulation with a gaming mouse (for the extra buttons) instead of the wiimote?

How was it?

Only for prime hack but it worked well there

4 Likes

I bought this last weekend for PS5 and despite owning an import copy many moons ago I never really got into it after misplacing the damned disc

Would also very much like to partake in its multiplayer onlinery (depending on time/geographical convenience)

1 Like

this sounds interesting!
i was curious if there are any significant changes, or if it’s more of a “game + whatever misc dlc there was” kind of release

1 Like

There wasn’t any DLC actually, so there’s all these new toys to play with that weren’t in the original version at all. And there is some “story content” but I’m not sure how substantial it is. There are full cutscenes for it anyway, whatever it is. I imagine it’s just more psychomantisbabble from Kojima, which is the worst and least interesting part of DS but whatever.

1 Like

Hell yeah. Let’s play this. Anyone else down for Dragon’s Crown multi? @Rudie are you down despite the 4hr tutorial? Just play through it as fast as you can. It’s more fun than trying to get every secret.

I have experience with Fighter and Ranger. I think I’m interested in one of the Magic classes, but I’ll play anything, really.

How does Timesplitters 2 hold up today? Should I spend time with it?

1 Like

Pretty sure I had hours of fun messing with the multiplayer level editor back in the Old Days, but even then it seemed like a limited system. I barely remember the campaign beyond a sense that it felt like little more than a showcase for features that would be a whole lot more fun in multiplayer.

4 Likes

Great, thanks. It didn’t look too inviting when I started it on the Wii Un but obviously googling it, there is still too much enthusiasm without context and without relating it to these days.

There was personality in the single player like unique animations. That personality was gone in multi.

Also the terrible goldeneye aiming system.

2 Likes

what kinds of keyboards are good, these days

use case:

i recently was able to get a Series X, so i did. i’ve decided i wanna play FPS games and Flight Sim etc. using a mouse and keyboard. it’s been such a long time since i’ve had a desktop, i don’t really know what’s good for this kind of thing, anymore.

i’ve already been told the Logitech G Pro is a good mouse to go for, but i haven’t really gotten anything concrete when it comes to keyboards. (edit: i feel like there was a KB thread but i am never able to successfully use the search function)

and if anyone has recommendations for a lap/couch desk, i’m gonna need that, too i guess

1 Like

these things are otherwise so good that i have just resigned myself to buying one every time the switches inevitably go. battery is fantastic on the wireless ones

re: keyboards i bought a leopold fc660c a few months back and it was a legit revelation, possibly the single best peripheral ive ever bought

2 Likes

I rec the NiZ Plum (comes in various layouts) if you want Topre-style switches for less. If you have a specific budget or specs I can give more suggestions. A big question is whether you want Bluetooth or wired.

I have a G Pro Wireless and a G Pro X Superlight. I replaced the switches in the former but have not needed to in the latter.

1 Like

i don’t really know enough about keyboards to know what i want. i know that there are better switches than others, though; i just don’t know what is what and what is good for what. this would primarily be for gaming, i imagine, but i guess it could be for anything (maybe FFXIV if i ever get the nerve to log back in). i like things that feel good

since both of these items are things i’d want as a long-term investment, i think the current price range we’ve been talking is ok with me (based of quick Googling of the items mentioned)

as for wired or bluetooth, it’s kind of irrelevant to me as long as the cables are long enough. bluetooth is probably better for a couch, though; i imagine the cables might tug at them from gravity?

Re: Keyboards: I bought a Leopold 10 Keyless with MX Cherry Browns like 10 years ago. I like that it’s heavy, the browns aren’t “mushy” and have substance, and the form factor so my right arm isn’t very far from my left arm when I decide to game.

As far as I know, you can get a similar experience with any “brown” keycap from any company that colors their keycaps. I think most people who start with keyboards prefer brown keycaps because they’re clicky but also not as hard to depress than blues. Tbh, I want clicky keys that are even less actuation form, but I don’t know if they have them.

At just under $100 you can get Keychrons which “aren’t as good as they used to be”, but also the keyboard community is much pickier than they used to be as well. Personally, I’m eyeing the Nuphy Air 75 at $110. Both KC and Nuphy can be bluetooth and wired.

1 Like

Yeah tbh I’m paralyzed at how much infodumping is socially acceptable here

@isfet the single best advice I can give is to get a switch tester from Kailh or Gateron and see what you like personally. Don’t rely on received wisdom. I would recommend ~60g linear switches as a baseline e.g. Gateron Yellow, Blacks

The electro-capacitive switches idiot mentioned are a different design altogether that’s hard to get a tester for but if you like the idea of a “cushy” “pop” it might be worth a shot

Low profile switches like in that Nuphy board are different, too - they use a second perpendicular mechanism for actuation and I dislike the feel

2 Likes

lol, really? I want a low profile keyboard just because I like low profile keys, but I worry about different switches making the typing less fun.

What I did when I bought my first mechanical was just do what was typical for my usecase. Cherry MX Blues were for serious typists and Browns were for people like that but wanted a lighter touch. I think most normal people enjoy the feel of brown keys, too.

Yeah, the low profile means you can’t have the typical vertical slider and contacts arrangement, the slider instead presses a second piece that then makes the contacts.

“Normal” people like chiclet keyboards and good on ‘em, but if you’re looking for something nice you should sample the variety of switches available since the IP protection on MX designs ran out. It’s subjective if nothing else.

1 Like