Quick Questions XV: Episode Prompto

What the fuck.

1 Like

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/221709-dragons-crown-pro/76609033

This seems exhausting.

1 Like

Yeah so the ‘tutorial’ of the game is going through each of the stages and seeing the basic bosses and whatnot. There are different paths and different things to get, but if you’re looking for a “good beat’em up” that’s a problem because it’s relatively easy one stage at a time.

The meat of the game is tackling a series of random stages in a row. I think it’s supposed to approximate old school dungeon crawling. After the tutorial the stages are bulked up to be relatively the same difficulty and the game randomly selects the next stage for you. You should have enough gear to separate into ‘loadouts’ called bags, and you choose one bag to use for a stage. As you play through stages your gear will succumb to wear and tear, so you will eventually have to switch bags. You either go home to repair and restock or keep going for the better loot multipliers.

I think this is where I tend to really like the game. You find yourself with interesting decisions at a lot of points. First is separating your gear into multiple loadouts. Do you make one good one or split them up? Do you specialize a bag in hopes of a particular stage? Then you have to start making decisions of which bags to use as you visit stages. You finally hit the stage w/ the Chimera, but your Chimera bag doesn’t have anymore health potions in it… what do you do? One of the random quests you have is in the next stage, but you’re pretty low, do you risk it?

There’s also a really cute cooking mini game. I think it changes based on the last boss you just beat.

4 Likes

Yeah your base ingredients are usually part of the past boss, IIRC.

1 Like

other than mgs and ace combat are there any other ps2 games I might care about where pressure sensitivity is important. armored core?

1 Like

I believe Silent Hill 2 uses them to distinguish between light and heavy attacks. The other PS2 SH games probably do too.

2 Likes

i haven’t played silent hill 2 in many years and i’m finding it very lmao to hear that it has light and heavy attacks

11 Likes

the bouncer uses it to determine what attacks you do.
everblue uses pressure sensitivity on the shoulder buttons for photography

2 Likes

gran turismo 3 uses them for acceleration and brake because polyphony digital wanted to make sure i had an RSI from a young age

10 Likes

oh i forgot mad maestro? it’s a gitarooman-ish rhythm game and yes, pressure sensitivity in a rhythm game is just as good of an idea as it sounds

1 Like

At least you can still plug in a PS1 controller and play it that way, which is usually how I play GT on PS2 because my analog buttons are in rough shape… don’t have that luxury with MGS2 (and I assume 3) unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like

You’re talking about a series that didn’t fully support analog sticks until the last three of its seven PS2 editions.

7 Likes

MVP Baseball 2005 uses pressure sensitivity for pitches

that’s right, my dark history of sports games

9 Likes

Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer, of course!!!

4 Likes

Are there any Pokemon games with good writing? Something approximating Yuji Horii directing a Pokemon game perhaps.

Pokemon Conquest aka Pokemon + Nobunaga’s Ambition

1 Like

I played a pokemon romhack where an evil dude used his charizard to fucking vaporize a dude in the first scene. It was really stupid

8 Likes

A deleted post with three bloodpotions? My curiosity is tickled.

My answer to the original question is Mega Man Battle Network.

my post was “pokemon is a game for children”

15 Likes

pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

2 Likes