Quick Questions XIV: A Question Reasked (Part 1)

Ubisoft Presents

The Last of Souls

1 Like

they should get whoever did resident evil remakeā€™s lighting because this looks like itā€™s lit like a soap opera.

4 Likes

You guys

Itā€™s Curt Schillings Presents Kingdoms of Demons Souls

Beyond: Two Demonā€™s Souls

3 Likes

Any recommendations on what games to start with in that itch.io megabundle?

I had a giant thread about it here ( Tales of Level 5: The Game (NnK2)) but I never finished it, so take that as you will.

1 Like

VastleCania made a thread & spreadsheet:

Random Games You Played Today (itch 1000+ game bundle thread)

2 Likes

I forget where I got it from but I have Civ III on Steam. Iā€™m pretty sure I have later games in the series available to me elsewhere, so is it even worth dusting this one off or is it obsoleted?

hell of obsoleted

Itā€™s got infamous degenerate strategies like Rapid Early Expansion that make the game dull and micromanagey to play.

1 Like

ps4, canā€™t dowload/upload records in wipeout, my dreams homespace is empty and i canā€™t access playstation account management. maybe my shocking internet, but anyone got any ideas?

Is this something that just happened today? I was trying to remote download a game to my PS4 via the webstore and it said it couldnā€™t contact my system, and then I went on my PS4 trying to a download the game off the Store when it gave me some error, so it could just be something is up with PSN. Downloading the game through my software library worked though.

1 Like

Itā€™s been going on for about 10 days. Perhaps since i resubscribed to psn+ at the start of the month, not sure.

why did I suddenly get the idea today that itā€™s not so crazy to think a Xenogears remake/remaster might happen?

1 Like

Xenogears of War

2 Likes

Xenogears is the rare game that could actually benefit hugely from a remake, which means it will not happen or, if it does, it will be disgusting

3 Likes

use the Guilty Gear tech imo

1 Like

xenogears genuinely sucks in a lot of ways but i canā€™t imagine it being remade in a way that doesnā€™t also ruin its best parts in the process (especially town environments and character sprite work, and also i unironically really love disc 2 for perverse selectbutton dot net reasons). it does deserve a nice restored port with fmv language options and a retranslation though, even if i understand why no one has attempted the latter both due to sheer scale and out of respect for the original translatorā€™s heroic efforts.

4 Likes

They need to retain the disc 2 save deletion glitch so my brother can lose his save file again, preventing us from ever seeing the second half of the game.

5 Likes

Yeah any remake of xenogears would just ruin the whole point of the thing, which is it looking the way it looks. If xenogears or breath of fire 4 were ever remade youā€™d just be taking the two most beautiful games that ever existed and making them look like every other thing

9 Likes

Xenogears has to suck in some ways. itā€™s part of its magic

3 Likes