Quick Questions XIV: A Question Reasked (Part 1)

I mean, Battle Garegga can be played with an analogue stick.

1 Like

Gravity Rush might be a good choice.

As I am currently having fun/suffering I will suggest Jak 2.

I am working on a longer post/maybe review but the short story is I loved this game back during IC days so uhh 15 years ago. Every time I start it I go ā€œoh yeah this rulesā€ and then I get to a new stage and I go ā€œoh yeah this part suckedā€ and that has happened for the entire game. Iā€™m not sure where the ā€œgood partā€ is but also I am enjoying myself contradictory.

2 Likes

Do you like/have you played all of the good twin-stick shooters? For example,

• Super Stardust Ultra
  • Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
  • Geometry Wars 3
  • Assault Android Cactus
3 Likes

Are there load time comparisons btwn XBSX and PS5? Does anyone know?

Doesnā€™t seem to be anything comparing next-gen games to each other yet, probably due to review embargo stuff but there is this video showing load time comparisons for backward compatibility titles:

2 Likes

If I let my PS+ subscription lapse I know Iā€™ll lose all the PS+ games (which honestly, might be a blessing) but will it fuck with my ability to use Netflix etc at all, this PS4 is eventually just going to become an overly-large streaming box, I think.

nah youā€™re good

1 Like

You donā€™t even permanently lose the Plus games.

Iā€™ve had Plus on and off for years and Iā€™ve forgotten to claim the monthly games all but a handful of times, but I did notice that the old ones became available again after a lapse. (I still didnā€™t play them, though.)

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve done anything that needed Plus once in 2020.

1 Like

Did assassinā€™s creed egypt or greece have a home base you can decorate with crap?

Not for Egypt iirc

1 Like

Nor in Greece, at least not in the 120 hours Iā€™ve played it so far. The base building element in Valhalla is new to the series.

Newish. Monteggrinio in 2 and the big house of drunk pirates in 4 both filled up with junk as you played the game, and the base stuff also seems similar to rebuilding rome in 2.5 and the homestead in 3. That aspect of filling out a place was part of why I enjoyed those games, but no surprise the most recent two games filled that game flavor with equipment ilevels.

hades

2 Likes

is mastodon still a thing and are any of yā€™all on it much

yes but in a way more professional context than twitter

it is, it still has all the same technical issues it used to, and it fixes almost none of the problems people claim to have with twitter

I have been on it more over the last month and the population largely seems to still be limited to a venn diagram of queer people and unix nerds

3 Likes

yep. it has its moments, and i do at the very least want to like it, as even at its worst, i prefer the whole concept of a ā€œfediverseā€ that i can choose to engage with or ignore when appropriate, to the constant doomscrolling screencap dunk culture of twitter. a lot of the serious problems i had with it over the summer seem to have ended completely, so now i just go in to post something every now and again.

I want to play yakuza zero. should I play on PC or PS4? I feel like japanese developed PC games are still kind of hit or miss with compatibility issues and stuff

canā€™t speak for pc zero but played kiwami 1/2 and the beginning of 7 on pc fine

thereā€™s nothing wrong with zero on ps4 though

2 Likes

PC Zero seemed fine, as someone who plays a lot of PC games and has played all previous Yakuza games on consoles.

1 Like