Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I have a calendar alert for it, actually

2 Likes

So who is getting dark souls, street fighter or sega at the end of this month?

For Dark Souls I might wait for the Switch version.

For Sega I assume you mean the Mega Drive collection, in which case I was hoping for a Switch version too, but seems Sega would rather charge us individually with the Ages releases. So I guess it depends on the price.

Street Fighter, probably not

i’d rather have the ages releases with their extra features and arcade games than the exact same set of mega drive roms sega have already released several times over the past 15 or so years

2 Likes

will wait and see re: dark souls
yes for street fighter because i dislike fightcade very much

smh at all of you

not buying your third copy of Dragon’s Crown

1 Like

I almost am debating about that, ha.

I spent way too much time in the ps3 version.

I’d sooner buy that re-release of Odin’s Sphere

I mean, it’s already out

it’s probably cheap by now

review: they took the story of Odin Sphere and shoved it into Muramasa

Fair point, but I was mostly hoping to be able to play them on the bus.

Looking forward to Phantasy Star at least

definitely stoked fro some street fighter collection. Eager to see the definitive version of Third Strike.

Need to get back into online 3S, this is a way
I’ll be interested to see what its input lag clocks in at at very least

anecdotes from pals down south who played some super turbo at wso were very positive at least

Have not played it but glad to know it exists. I didn’t get into the Hotel Dusk games but really liked Trace Memory and Another Code R is probably my favorite game on the Wii.

1 Like

I’m looking to get a capture device for my Pippin. It uses old composite cables like the PS2 and such. All the devices I see are for more modern consoles like PS3 and above. What do people recommend for older consoles?

I know one Let’s Play channel when they were starting out at least used a DVD-recorder whenever they were recording from older consoles and seemed to get okay results. Biggest problem was they apparently had that they needed to swap discs every hour or so.

I really know nothing of the subject but might be a cheap alternative if you can find one of those used?

1 Like

Beyond Two Souls for PS4 is free on PSplus right now. Should I bother playing it?

it’s horrendous, so not if you want it to be good

The SpeedDemoesArchive wiki has a good capture card comparison table that may be useful to you.

1 Like

Until Dawn is available for the not-quite-free price of $20 though and by all accounts it’s pretty good. The whole horror movie framing probably helps quite a bit, I imagine, since most of the characters are supposed to die anyway in a horror movie.