Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

if max payne 3’s band is HEALTH what is the band for dog days
swans??

mona mur

3 Likes

this is so good thank u

I like CTF2.5 as well, but Scirra’s Construct is probably less frustrating than legacy stuff like CT. GameMaker, RPGMaker, and Unity are my other suggested amateur game maker things, too. GM has a vibrant weird community making games. RPGMaker is less vibrant and more specifically weird. And Unity is kinda business-y, but there are a lot of people learning with it, so…

HLD has very good tight combat. You feel like Space Ninja Link. There’s not much variety to your tools you use, but the varied ways you use the tools you have is really great. It’s real crunchy.

Titan Souls is even tighter than HLD, but there are even less options. You don’t have health or movement options, and you only have one attack. There’s not much deviating from the prescribed path, but the difficulty and OHKOs make you take your time and wait out for just the right moments.

1 Like

I’d have preferred it if Titan Souls ditched the uninteresting overworld and just was a straight boss rush

1 Like

everyone says that but I thought it was a perfect little diorama

Maybe if I could have rolled up stairs

5 Likes

What was the name of that weird rpg maker rpg from a while ago? Space Corpse? You played as some sort of mutant navigating a hellscape and weird music was playing and stuff. I can’t remember the title anymore.

Space Funeral

1 Like

I find Titan Souls’ OHKOs annoying and only got a few bosses in before quitting. I was like, I’m not gonna practice and get good at this thing I’ll only play once.

6 Likes

Yeah, I was bad enough at Titan’s Souls that the lovely little diorama became a goddamn chore to navigate after dying almost immediately. I would’ve almost certainly played the game a lot more had I been able to savescum outside boss doors.

Watching a speedrun of Titan souls really disheartens you to even playing it.

1 Like

I think a speedrun is what finally got me to play it! Then I got to close to the end and adopted Cuba’s attitude and said “fuck this noise”

how do you use zipview on archive.org? specifically I want to look in here:

Also, is it possible to convert a CHD to an ISO?

1. copy the url for a zip or rar and then put a / at the end to use zipview

2. You can use the chdman utility (included with MAME and possible to find elsewhere), which is typically clunky and intimidating, but which allows you to convert a CHD to a BIN/CUE pair, which can then be mounted or burned or converted to an ISO or whatever.

alias chudman

ps get a pleasuredome.org.uk account for mame downloading they’ve always got the up to date stuff on free leach

That just loads up a blank page for me (Sykel)

put yourself a /torrents on the end of that there

Has anyone done emulation on their android? I’m interested in doing some jRPGs on the go. I’m looking for recommended emulator route… maybe SNES/PS1/GBA to start? Maybe DS, too?