Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Skip returns, do Dragonfall and if you like it go on to Hong Kong.

6 Likes

Has anyone ever attempted to, succeeded in using a MIDI controller for vidconnic pursuits? I press a lot of drum pads at work and I’m thinking

Not sure about your exact one, but it’s been a meme for streamers to beat Dark Souls with every kind of music game controller: bongoes, piano, dance pad etc.

Former SBer John Mc once wired a Guitar Hero controller to a Saturn pad to try to play Radiant Silvergun with it. This did not go well.

1 Like

if you don’t already know about this: https://www.bome.com/products/mtclassic

(or for general reference because it’s cool)

I used the pro version of this to map an arcade stick to an ableton set; looks like you can go the other way pretty easily

That would seem to be perfect for my wants, ta

Hopefully it doesn’t introduce crazy input lag

But can someone really explain Steam trading cards to me, because I still don’t understand why people give me money for them

Well, if you collect a whole set you can turn them into a badge for that game which you can show on your profile, so the only reasonable way to show off your cards is to collect entire sets. You can also level up your badge by collecting multiple complete sets. Collecting complete sets is also the only way I know of to get backgrounds (which you can display on your profile) and emoji from a given game.

…which doesn’t explain exactly WHY anyone would want to do this. Unlocking this would probably be the key to understanding all fanaticism anywhere in the world.

1 Like

I have completed two complete sets for different games: Epanelepsis (because it was a funny thing to do) and Slime Rancher (and I don’t remember why I did this. I was probably only one card short or something.)

Actually looking at my profile I also did this for RPG Maker VX Ace (hilarious) and Faerie Solitaire (…maybe a genuine display of love?)

I mean literally a moneytrap mobile match-3 game is a better use of your time

So that every six months you get a free game and you’re like cool free game.

This how I also treat all skins I earn in whatever game my buddies are playing.

Yeah, I don’t know why people buy steam cards, but I made 30 bucks one time selling off all of mine, so that was good.

You can patch this in Max/PD fairly easily if you have some knowledge of hid

Should I bother with the DLC for Bloodborne?

(It’s called The Old Hunters and is cheaper than usual on the UK Playstation Store. I haven’t played Bloodborne yet, but i guess i will now it’s free on PlayStation Plus.)

(I have DLC for both Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 and i’ve never played either because each time i started a new character and couldn’t find anything different and i guess the new stuff was towards the end of the game but i never got there)

You should, it’s fantastic, top tier FROM dlc

4 Likes

yeah it’s mandatory imo

1 Like

It’s super late game so not if you don’t anticipate finishing it

1 Like

what do y’all think are the odds that Sega will push an English localization patch for Hokuto ga Gotoku

1 Like

i think a pal release is probably likely, at least. hokuto no ken’s super popular in various mainland european countries.

I think it will partially depend on the sales of Yakuza 6, honestly. And if Hokuto no Ken is in any sort of licensing hell over here. I mean, I can’t imagine that Koei owns the US rights to it, but they did publish the last FotNS game here, so there is a chance. Also if the game has anything super duper objectionable for US audiences, as some of the non-localized YKZ games apparently have (I recall Rudie said one of the samurai era ones started with Haruka being sold into sex slavery, basically, so uh, yeaaaah).

But the YKZ games have been doing better after 0, so that is a definite positive for localization chances.