Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

My favorite will always be the Joker voice popping out as Hamill yelled MOTHERFUCKER as majima smashed a dude with a bat. It’s so perfect.

He can’t repress the Joker no matter how he tries

Step the fuck up. It’s time to die.

sir this isn’t a place for children

“I’m her legal guar–her mother works upst–it’s a social studies field trip.

I wish I had been able to get over my expectations for an amusement vision game at that time to actually enjoy it back then

2 Likes

What’s the url for selectbutton ver. one again

forums.selectbutton.net

Yes of course how could I have forgotten. Thank you

Is trying to play Demon’s Souls on a 6600K with integrated graphics a fool’s errand, or could I make it work with enough tinkering?

I’m not sure how much overhead RPCS3 puts on the GPU when just rendering at the native PS3 resolution, but it could be doable

1 Like

I hear the latest Intel drivers have improved vulkan performance

More to the point, if the Ryzen 2200g can pull it off with a hiccup here or there, Intel iGPUs might scrape by with 10-15 fps at worst

1 Like

I know that joy2key exists, but is there a keyboard to joystick mapper? I’m really hoping for some fake mouse to analog mapper (like maybe click plus drag = tilting the analog?). Converting this to XInput would be A++ optimal.

I bet there’s an AutoHotkey script that does this?

yeah i like the stories and shit a lot, but the brawling is a big part of the appeal to me as well.

i mean, the thing with Yakuza combat is that it makes it very easy to do bad ass shit and given the leniency of health items, you sort of get used to just spamming attacks and healing. because of that, attacks of the nature that fuck up your combo or otherwise down you feel particularly frustrating and infuriating.

once i started playing with self imposed rule of no healing outside restaurants, shit became a lot better because i avoid getting stupid hits and as such, don’t really experience the frustration of getting downed. like the boat with with shimano. instead of staying in one place and spam attacks mindlessly, i kept sliding in rush style from one end to another end of the boat, clubber some dudes, dodge, clubber some more, perform a heat move and get the fuck out before the saw guy comes piling in, and it was fucking awesome.

anyway, rooftop fight was okay. only really bullshit fight in the game was the Komaki fight against the four dudes who keep piling on you as if you had charismatic autobiography on you, and since you are forced to stay in Dragon style, it’s nigh impossible to not get downed frequently.

https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=20703 maybe this?

1 Like

Cing’s on my thoughts. Did anyone play Chase: Cold Case Investigations, a 3DS quickie released as a ‘get the band back together’ experiment? Sounds like it cuts the exploration, which would really hurt the mood I’m looking for.

2 Likes

Any word as to the quality of the Final Fantasy Tactics Android port? Im looking for something to play on here after DQ V.

I think I read that one was kind of fine? From the looks of it it seems to have the least offensive looking redrawn sprites that I’ve ever seen in a Squeenix mobile port.

I would guess though that it comes with some of the same drawbacks that were in the PSP WotL version like the somewhat neutered music and sound effects.

Since you’re on Android, it might be worth looking into using RetroArch to emulate FFT.

1 Like

Of Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, and Hong Kong, which should I play first?