Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

10-4 cap’n

You’ve made a terrible mistake.

present yr case, phoenix

play Hotel Dusk and Last Window instead

i have played hotel dusk and enjoyed it! don’t feel like playing a sequel to it rn tho

were the 3ds phoenix wrights an improvement any? I thought with the ds ones the first one was good then they just seemed to get worse and worse but had good final cases at least, until the spin off one with the kid, which I thought was just all bad.

Jeeze, how did I never know there was a sequel to Hotel Dusk?

The most recent one, Spirit of Justice (6), out now on your cellular telephone computer, is solid. The one before, Dual Destinies (5), was kinda boring.

Hey look we all gotta dig our own graves. But if you go down this particular rabbit hole in the future:

I think Ace Attorney (1), the first game, is the best place to start. Play one of the non-GBA releases. Trials and Tribulations (3) seems to have the most positive consensus among fans.

For the record I have not played Apollo Justice (4) nor either of the Edgeworth Investigations.

1 Like

Trials and Tribulations has the most clever script but it’s so, so long that I’m pretty sure everybody starts to experience it as a slog by the end. I think I’d still recommend it as the best one, but pace yourself and don’t try and complete multiple cases in one sitting.

1 Like

I haven’t beaten 3 yet but I understand that after 3 the writing staff changed and they all suck. And the first two build off of each other backstory-wise (and so I assume the third does too) so I think you need to play them in order. The 3DS trilogy collection has a really nicely presented (Japan region locked) physical edition, in English! I got the us download on sale for 20 bucks, and even though I hate 3DS “remasters” of ds games, it’s really really nice.

I have the Harvey Birdman branded Phoenix Wright clone on PS2 and honestly I don’t know why you wouldn’t just play that.

1 Like

I was excited and bought this game and am smiling that you brought it up

but i wouldn’t, actually, play it, unless you’re fine with an adventure game with jokes but otherwise drained of life

so what ended up happening was I was dead-set on Danganronpa, but I’m not sure if the third game would run properly on my computer and I wouldn’t just wanna play the first two and have no idea when I would play the third. there’s a PS4 in the house, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to play a turbo anime game in the living room where my roommates can see what I’m doing. so Danganronpa is now on my “to play if I ever get a vita” list.

then I was like, well what the hell I’m on my computer and I know it’s easy to pirate, so I’ll check out steins gate. but I bounced off of it pretty hard. so it is now on my “to play if I ever get a vita (because there’s not much I’m even marginally interested in on the vita and if I ever get one I’m gonna make a point to at least play the 10 or so titles I’m even slightly interested in)” list

so in the end I just went ahead and got the ace attorney trilogy, it’s downloading rn. I played maybe half of the first game a very long time ago and liked it, so I’m looking forward to giving it a real try.

idk y’all I just rly wanted to play a visual novel that wasn’t complete anime bs, preferably while laying in bed, so this is pretty ideal I spose

PS4 to PC broadcast is really nice. I streamed a couple missions in Destiny on my PC via wifi, so anime game should be fine.

I mean I haven’t played any Phoenix Wright really, but it seems like Harvey Birdman is exactly the same except it’s Harvey Birdman and therefore actually funny, so straight upgrade.

You can watch a letsplay of the harvey birdman game for the whole expereince and none of the messy game getting in the way.

Probably a bit late now but all the Phoenix Wright games (and Ghost Trick!) are all available on iOS (and in the case of the newer PW games, even Android). They have free demos too so you can get a feel for if you like how they’re upscaled or not.

Oh, i think so. But how bad are we tal–

oh

4 Likes

Holy shit.

i played dualshock first and i liked the music at the time