Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

It’s fine

The main strikes I’ve heard against it are the low number of playable factions, a single player campaign that isn’t quite as narratively or mechanically engaging as the previous games and getting slapped with esports isms like cooldown skills on hero units and such.

Not that arbitrary cooldowns don’t belong in RTS but it sounds like the game is weighted for you to use these hero units like MOBA characters. At 30 bucks I’m tempted to dive in for the spectacle of it at least amd hope for a good expansion.

A lot of the complaints I read seemed to say that the game stripped away a lot of the elements that made the previous installments more unique

In Chrono Trigger, what happens if you leave Robo tilling the fields in 600AD and then complete the game as normal? Does he show up in the ending still?

So it’s Starcraft x Warcraft?

That’s unfair because it’s pretty unique. It’s just more akin to smashing lego cars together than the chess of DOWII

According to this gameFAQs thread: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950181-chrono-trigger/47552308

Nothing, he shows up like normal

Buuut who trusts GameFAQs thread posters?

Is there a reason to play the Game Boy version of Gargoyle’s Quest II over the NES one?

Its got an extra level, that I know of.

Let me know what you find out – I’m going to sell complete in box versions of Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and FF6 in a couple months. eBay seems fine on paper but I’ve had so many negative experiences with gamers on eBay (“uhh you said there were 3 hairline scratches but there were actually 4; give me a 90% discount or i’ll report you lol”).

Yeah, I decided to sell it to a shop in person for this reason. It wasn’t in great shape so I didn’t really find anything about selling legit collectibles like your games, though.

Never being fucked by ebay must be a magical experience.

Definitely easiest to just sell to a real shop or craigslist. Or whatever people use instead of craigslist now? Offerup?

I sell all my games on the dark web

As far as I can tell Offerup is a service exclusively for arranging your own mugging

2 Likes

eBay tips are always have tracking and insurance and signed delivery when you post anything over $60 or w/e, take lots of good photos of any marks and in general be honest about the condition. I’ve had good money luck selling pricey SNES stuff on there. Just cover your arse and imagine what someone willing to pay far too much money for something would want to know. Also a few times after selling things I met nice collecters and sold more stuff to them later sans-ebay, which made it easier.

1 Like

well, ive got brandish 2 expert cib and mobile suit gundam federation vs zeon. both those go for a fair amount but i havent been sure how to sell them since that metric is based in on-line fronts of which i have no experience on the salesperson side.

My Steam Wishlist has less than 100 games on it after a major culling, can I get into heaven now?

2 Likes

Is there a Steam shitlist feature

2 Likes

Oh fuck I wish.

2 Likes

do y’all think “John Cheevo” would be a funny gamer tag

1 Like