Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I installed Origin just for Syndicate and never fired it up again after finishing the game. I’m still alive. I don’t even get emails from EA after opting out of everything so… idk. If they did anything sketchy I never noticed.

I wish there was a bit less of the Origin front end, but for one game it wasn’t a deal breaker.

1 Like

Woah I need to know more about DS emulation on my phone that sounds gr8

Is anyone else getting spam messages on PSN recently? I got two spam messages 15 minutes after logging in today and that’s never happened to me before.

Yes; there is an option to block ‘public room requests’ that I just found and disabled (after 15 minutes reporting each account because I like to pretend it matters).

This is helpful to me because I get a few of these every week and it’s so annoying.

I’m playing Let It Die.

A new part of the waiting room opened up (I think it’s called Tokyo Death Metro), and it wants me to choose a nation or region to represent. Is there any advantage to not doing so, or will i just miss out on things?

Also is there any good reason to pick a larger or a smaller country/region?

the tokyo death metro lets you go and raid other players’ stations, which is by far the quickest and easiest way of getting coins and lithium. you can also use it to upgrade your base, letting you increase the max amount of coins and lithium you can store there, among other things.

as far as the nation/region thing goes, you’ll get notifications that your region is in battle with another region. i think this means you should go and raid bases located in the “enemy” region, and at the end of the battle, players from the winning region get a bunch of rewards, like coins, lithium and even death metals. i’m retty sure you get these rewards even if you didn’t actually actively participate

1 Like

I chose the team representing my actual geographical area. It was a small team, and we never had a chance in any of the regional battles despite my doing my part by invading a lot. I’d considered switching to one of the regions that always wins, but decided to stick with my underdog team. (You do get rewards for participating in the battles even if your team loses.)

Also, outside of the regional battles, if you get your rank up to at least silver (the highest I ever got), you receive a decent reward for every raid on top of what you steal.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers, i hadn’t realised you needed to open the TDM to upgrade how much gold & SPlithium you could store.

Going to play new Syndicate: what difficulty level (easy, normal, hard) should I play it on? Is it overly forgiving on normal, is hard just an annoying slog, etc, etc?

Play it on normal so you can screw around and play like a maniac. It’s not a particularly tight/tactical game.

1 Like

Any emulator cool guy peoples know how to get the Wii U Gamecube USB adapter to work on PC? Bonus points if you know how to do it in Unity + Rewired.

just get this thing, I’ve been using one for like a decade (on windows/mac/linux) and they’re still in production, they rule

windows 10 broke the xbox controller support but that’s the only knock against it

2 Likes

The native one works in Dolphin but you have to install a custom driver for it and it doesn’t show up as a joystick in Windows, so I think they’re doing some pretty low-level stuff.

If you purchase the 3rd party Mayflash adapter it actually has a switch on the back that lets you pick between Wii U and PC mode, the latter of which shows up as 4 joysticks in Windows.

1 Like

mayflash console to USB adapters are extremely reliable in general; they map everything they’re supposed to map, they never have driver signing issues or anything like that, and they work out of the box on non-windows platforms

2 Likes

It’s not for my personal use. I wanna convert Sm4sh fans to The Moon Fields fans. Optimally I’d get a solution that involves me doing some programming in Unity, but if not, I’d like to be able link an easy tutorial.

Yeah, apparently Rewired just works with the 2/4p Mayflash adapters.

Does anyone have tips for selling rare-ish SNES carts? I have a copy of Earthbound I want to liquidate. (Already have the bit to open it up and clean it.)

Is Dawn of War 3 worth playing? I got a discount coupon on Steam.

All the Steam reviews seem to be really negative. Like I was honestly shocked by the level of vitriol.