Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

If in Inquisition just played like Fate of the World and used all that nice art from the menus and completely eschewed voice acting/etc I would have stuck with it. But otherwise it plays like a singleplayer MMO and is just such a slog.

Google search is getting me a card game…
Is that what you meant?

It’s kind of a card game with some choose-your-own-adventure bits mixed in.

I assume you probably got that from your results

Has anyone managed to find a rom of CRW (not CRW 2) for the PC-98? The english patch was released, but for the life of me I can’t find a rom on the internet.

Paging @loki

I don’t have the setup to check, but this claims to be it. (The actual download link is the text below the green button)

Note that there is (and that link might be) a PC-DOS version of CRW, which I believe came out in Japan and Korea but which would almost certainly not be compatible with the PC-98 patch, which likely is applied to disk images (copied floppies)

1 Like

Yeah, from the amount of files contained in the .zip, it looks to be the DOS version. :frowning: I appreciate the effort, though, schroeder.

oddly, i just applied the patch yesterday! recommend me an upload site that i don’t have to register an account with

1 Like

oh hey! uhhh, I assume you’re not the one person alive without a gmail account. How about google drive?

i guess that’ll work~

Does anyone have opinions on Environmental Station Alpha?

small, cozy, nice

It’s solid. Platforming-oriented Metrovania that feels more like Super Metroid than most of what passes by that name. E.g. has lava rooms and a grappling hook. Great pacing, drip-feed of fresh-ish ideas so it doesn’t feel repetitive, good difficulty on both platforming and bosses that never feels unfair. It’s “just another Metrovania” but if this had come out 10 years ago next to Cave Story and Braid, we’d be calling it a masterpiece.

I got stuck really early and put it down. It was compelling enough that I still think of it like on a weekly basis.

Is there any interest here to talk about conventions and fests? I’m interested in getting my game into MAGFEST this January and I uh… Haven’t been to any of these big things so it’s kinda intimidating

I think a couple of people here have had booths there before? Maybe chef, bort and co. from Barkley Gaiden? Maybe a new thread with a title about it would catch these peoples’ attention more.

The indie hall at Magfest isn’t super hectic or scary from my experience though. I imagine most people there are hoping people stop and play instead of walking by them to get to the regular game room.

1 Like

I want to play new Syndicate. How bad is Origin? I have avoided installing it, all because of the horror stories I heard on launch about invasive privacy stuff. Should I get over myself? Install Origin, play Syndicate, uninstall Origin? Less paranoia? More paranoia?

it’s better than uplay

what’s going on with ds emulation these days?

i emulated the entirety of 999 on my phone and it worked really well

the end