Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

it’s more interesting that it had the same director as skyward sword

1 Like

i’ll never forget the moment in twilight princess where you have to catch a fish, then catch a second fish immediately after so a cat will steal it from you

however i have forgotten basically everything else about it besides “workmanlike standard Zelda game and Midna”

vaguely remember some of the dungeons being decent in theme & design but somehow feeling too same-y, this vid articulated why years later

6 Likes

I’ve been getting irritated at the rehabilitation of its reputation based on the dungeons being good but not so much as to want to play it just to think about it.

considering how long zeldas spend in development I’d be surprised if the devs had time to even breathe

that is a cool video, thanks for sharing

All of his videos are at least ok with many really good ones. Quality of late has been lower, but digging into that backlog should be fun for anyone.

Yeah Mark’s great! Solid analysis, impeccable editing, none of the vids outstay their welcome, dude’s voice is pleasant and non-obnoxious. Love it.

1 Like

I am a big fan of Mark and his enthusiasm. He’s the kind of person who could make any game appealing to me.

1 Like

Let’s hope he only does the good ones

Has anyone bought one of those R4i Gold 3DS flash cards? I can’t really make the decision of a site to order one from, since they’re a bit sketchy looking. Well, I decided on one, only to get to checkout and be notified that specific site didn’t ship to the US.

I bought a couple flashcarts back in the day from janky chinese sites and none of them ripped me off nor did I hear stories of anyone else getting ripped off

don’t mistake terrible production values and/or command of english for poor business practices in this particular case imo

1 Like

From what I recall when I ordered my R4i Gold - the old one that’s just a DS flashcard that works in a 3DS - every site that sells them looks shady as shit. Just comes with the merch, I guess.

Is there any particular advantages to playing the disc version of Metal Gear Solid 4 over the digital PSN version? I vaguely remembering hearing there was something about it but can’t really find anything now when looking. It’s for sale on PSN and I kind want to fill this last hole in my experience with the franchise.

after playing every hour or so you get to sit through an hour long installation scene of snake smoking a cigaratte

they released a patch that lets you install the whole thing in one go so there’s probably no difference now

for some strange reason, i really like the smoking installer.

2 Likes

It has the same soothing properties as watching a fireplace or fish swimming around an aquarium.

2 Likes

Same feelings here

That the game is horrible and you should not play it?

I got enjoyment recently out of the Kingdom Hearts. From the demo version I played on Hong Kong PSN I think I can get some fun moments out of this one as well. It’s so ridiculously infamous at this point too that it almost seems important to experience it just for the historical context now. There’s a reason I’m only considering because of the sale.

I’ll be getting it along with Yakuza 4 if that helps? (that’s the one to go with as ones first entry in the series, right? Don’t have a PS4)