Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Does anyone else make their friends wash their hands if they play your console?

1 Like

yes

1 Like

my brother-in-law doesn’t play games, so I was afraid to ask him to wash his hands and now my backup xbone controller feels weird and terrible

I don’t ask people to wash their hands (social imposition seems worse than the uncleanliness), but I do periodically wipe down all of my peripherals with alcohol.

1 Like

So 2017 is shaping up to be the best year for videogames… ever?

No?

it does seem like it could be pretty good

it’s v strong so far, unbelievable that zelda of all things could be so good, and lots of studios are firing

but 2016 was uncharacteristically weak and it might just be a quirk of development cycles

Has anyone here played an import copy of Persona 5?

New Styx out in exactly one week, Prey is next month and Red Dead 2 supposedly still coming out later in the fall. There’s also Mario Odyssey, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, new Crackdown (hopefully), Ni no Kuni 2, Shenmue 3, Dragon Quest XI, Sonic, Mass Effect the list just goes on and on.

Whatever you’re into 2017 has probably got you covered.

1 Like

also: Tokyo 42, Strafe, Snake Pass, Rock of Ages 2, Iconoclasts, Pathologic, Barkley, Original Sin 2

1 Like

Snake Pass is out on the 28th this month too. I might get that one instead of Styx. There’s too many games coming out.

And and Barkley??? And homestuck.

We’re also getting a new Fire Pro game somehow, Ys VIII is getting a domestic release, Disaster Report 4 is apparently coming this year and has a 50% chance of actually doing so, Cuphead might not be terrible and might actually come out this year.

2017: not a bad year in gaming.

Not to mention that 428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de just got announced for English release, finally. Not out til '18 though

2 Likes

yeah it’s shaping up to be a very good year after a shitty 2016, though i’d wait and see how some of these things turn out before earnestly comparing it to '94

Also a Dangun Feveron port with that M2 ShotTriGger jazz.

1 Like

All you guys paying attention to indie games - have you encountered flinthook? I cannot stop thinking about KKK with him and his white mask cloak thing and I really want to know if I’m crazy or if its that horrible to other people

I didn’t think of it, but I can definitely see it now that you mentioned it and yeah…that seems questionable.

Oh man no I did not, I read it as a cute skeleton/ghost. The context of ninjaroping through pirate ship levels helps keep it away from a KKK reading. Not sure why they went with a full-face white hood though!