Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is on sale for $20 for a Final Fantasy anniversary sale right now on PSN. I remember hearing lots of people excited about it at the time, but is it any good? It wasn’t listed on the PSP page on the wiki…

1 Like

I will ship you my disc copy for free lol

It’s OK, it’s just very much a PSP game. If you liked FFXV you might like it more.

2 Likes

I loved FFXV but hated Type-0. YMMV

the most notable thing about it is the motion blur

1 Like

if you sort everything into unplayable or rules then type-0 is definitely unplayable

i was really stoned when i tried playing it, but the remaster of type-0 is unplayable. you can tell that camera was made for the psp d pad but it’s now mapped to the right stick with no consideration of analogue controls.

Type Zero rules.

Clop clop.

I’m looking into playing Yakuza 1 but I guess I should just wait the the remake? Or should I jump in?

yeah I’d play 0 and wait for the remake of 1

Technically, both exist. Ryu ga Gotoku 1 & 2 HD (PS3, Wii U) are remasters, Kiwami (PS3, PS4) is the remake.

1 Like

yeah the upcoming kiwami is 1 in the 0/6 engine

1 Like

Has anyone checked out that new Tank Troopers game on the 3DS?

Minor correction on this: Zero is actually a modified version of the 5 engine, as it was released for the ps3 and the ps4 in japan. Yakuza Kiwami is also in this engine. This engine is the same one used in 3 and 4 as well, with some minor upgrades.

6 is in an “all new” (probably not all new, let’s be honest) engine that is exclusive to the ps4.

1 Like

Speaking of Yakuza 0, I wanted to ask the series veterans whether or not completing every sidequest is essential to the Yakuza experience. I try and do most of the ones I come across but I’m starting to get a tad fatigued after about 10 hours in. I find them charming and goofy but there’s not much tangible incentive to complete them is there?

1 Like

do as many as you want imo, some of them have pretty good gear as rewards but it’s near-random as far as you’d be able to tell going in

they are pretty consistently funny though

1 Like

Do the Real Estate and Cabaret Club ones. They are somewhat time consuming, but enjoyable, and the end results are WELL worth it. Also the arcade ones are worth it to unlock the extra machines.

But yeah, if you aren’t enjoying them, move on. I think a lot of them can be done in the Premium Adventure mode that unlocks after you beat the game, and the story of the main game is probably only like 15 hours if all you do is focus on it.

I broke 50 hours yesterday though, so…you know.

I’m still uncertain how items like chained tires and amulets actually help. Do they serve any other purpose besides selling them to make money? I feel like there’s an incredible amount of fluff in the game.

I’m having fun enjoying the story and punching people in the face; I want to enjoy the rest of the game but I feel like it’s disconnected from anything that actually matters to the business of like, improving your character or enhancing the story in any way.

Amulets and such can be equipped, and should have some defense numbers on them in the inventory, but many also have somewhat hidden bonus effects beyond that.

Also a lot of stuff is to either sell or use for sidequests. Or used to craft new weapons for Goro.

Is Ben Throttle from Lucas Art’s Full Throttle the same person as the Avatar from the Ultima series? This Jaw Dropping Fan Theory Completely Changes Everything

5 Likes

What If Malcolm Corley Was Actually Dead