Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Can anyone tell me why impossible stuff keeps becoming possible these last few months?

How did Trump win?
How the the Falcons blow that big of a lead in the super bowl?
How the fuck is Nioh sold out at every Gamestop in the Atlanta area?

2 Likes

We jumped timelines in 2016. We’re on the Bad End route.

1 Like
  1. The Most Basic Fact About Politics is Slack (via @stylo)
  2. Merely very unlikely.
  3. Gamestop doesn’t make money on new games and they use preorders to keep from having too much stock on hand. (See generally just-in-time.)

Perhaps the biggest collapse in sports history?

So, I checked the online inventory of Walmart, Target and Buy and nowhere within a 200-mile radius has Nioh in stock. That’s a thing that’s sorta mindblowing to me, never expected this.

Was there an influential streamer who played it? Nothing makes sense

Nioh had 3 publicized alpha/betas for getting player feedback, has been positively received by nearly every publication and website and Sony figured out that they should be publishing and pushing the game in the West

the writing was on the wall

1 Like

This also goes to question #1, but any non-zero probability is a possibility.

atlanta’s defense got gassed by long patriots drives; insanely bad coaching decisions by dan quinn down the stretch to keep the patriots in the game; pats receivers stopped dropping balls; tom brady is the greatest quarterback of all time

Is he? Always struck me as a system guy who benefitted from some good luck. Let’s be hypothetical and pretend he was drafted by Jacksonville; there’s no way in hell he would ever be considered the greatest ever. The Patriots system makes the players, it’s not the players that make the system. Remember that year Matt Casel played instead of Brady? He won 11 games in his first season as a starter. What happened when he got traded? He played in a different system and sucked. That’s proof to me that Brady is overrated.[quote=“notbov, post:746, topic:302”]
the writing was on the wall
[/quote]

Man I guess, I dunno. I thought the sheer difficulty of the game would drive the masses away but I guess I underestimated the appeal of a Samurai game or something? Do COD broz like this sorta shit?

dont forget that the cubs won last year

2 Likes

Soulslikes are popular.

well, okay, but surely just saying bloodborne and nioh are both soulslikes is skipping over some important details. i’m pretty surprised to hear nioh is selling out anywhere!

I haven’t played Nioh since the tech test, but that was my impression from that sample and it is widely compared to Souls/Bloodborne.

To jodeaux’s comment, if Nioh is too difficult for “the masses,” then these would be too.

I’d also argue that Nioh is actually that hard if someone like me can actually progress through the game

this is every argument i’ve been tearing down for years

1. the team cassel took over went from 16-0 to 11-5 and missed the playoffs – granted it’s rare 11-5 teams miss the playoffs but that’s a huge swing
    1a) matt cassel tore his MCL and had a bad 09 but was a pro bowl alt in 2010, the chiefs won the division for the first time in 7 years
  2. luck swings either way – there’s a timeline in which tom brady goes 0-7 in super bowls (maybe) but there’s also (maybe) a timeline in which he goes 7-0 – ESPN did an article about win probability swings in brady’s super bowls and each one has had a couple massive plays. plus the reason i say (maybe) is because everything after depends on everything that came before and i’m not sure how you construct any proper hypothetical considering that dependence on prior conditions. brady loses super bowl x and his confidence is broken, he never makes another one… brady wins super bowl y and he gets overconfident/slacks off…
  3. belichick being a great coach doesn’t mean you stick any quarterback in the system and he goes to 7 super bowls
    3a) not sure how you knock a quarterback for being the greatest by saying “well he’s only the greatest because ___” – you’ve already conceded he’s the greatest
    3b) above problem with hypotheticals – dependence on prior conditions + we live in a single timeline – too many confounding variables to make a statement. i don’t think he would have been as good at jacksonville, but which quarterback would be? i think he benefited from belichick but which quarterback wouldn’t? how do you quantify that?
  4. who’s better

Literally anyone

politifact rates this: mostly false

To be that guy you could buy it digitally right now.

Psh, whatever, the second or third most winningest city in sports getting another championship is not exactly big news. Now, the Cavs winning? That is a thing.

Like seriously laughing at how the Cubs fans are already becoming the NL’s Red Sox. Made even funnier by their strategy for winning a series being literally hiring the Red Sox GM.

1 Like

the ringer is already going on about how the celtics winning the championship this year is our new NBA Darkest Timeline now that kevin love is out until playoffs

Given that the Ringer is a Bill Simmons project I doubt that they’d be that negative on the Celts winning the championship. It’s likely an in-joke related to the much-maligned “Boogie to Celtics” article he wrote a month or so back that was amazingly fanfic-esque.