Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

would say no for BF1.

Titanfall 2 is a great highly-scripted 5 hour campaign. I’d recommend it at your personal “bargain” threshold if you only want the campaign. You could definitely beat it in a day if you rent it from a Redbox.

1 Like

If you were renting TF2 from a redbox, treat it like an awesome movie and play it through in one sitting and then it’s like renting 3 movies, except awesome and also I don’t think there’s any movies from this year where the protag gets thrown by his sentient robot partner

I got Titanfall 2 just for the campaign, and I had fun with it. I let a friend borrow it and he ignored the campaign even though I told him it was good. In fact, I think he’s done playing it now if you want to borrow my (PS4) copy.

thanks! generous offer but no ps4 over here

thanks all for replies, i think i will skip bf1 and get titanfall 2 when it drops sub $20 (or whatever it’s at now, origin isnt loading for me).

1 Like

this is a good plan

I think it’s $30 rn though and it probably won’t drop lower than that for a long time…

So like when I use the Share button on PS4 to save screenshots and video clips how do I just take those files and put them on my computer.

1 Like

share them to a service that doesn’t automatically publish them and uploads them at full resolution?

Just copy everything to a usb stick.

so like, on my desktop i like to use either fraps or nvidia shadowplay, but this laptop has a smaller SSD that fraps would fill in like 45mins and doesn’t have an nvidia card.

What’s a good program for recording gameplay with mic commentary at reasonable file sizes? I mostly have SD games in mind.

tried obs?

Can that save vids? Or is it just for streaming?

My internet kinda sucks, so I like being able to handbrake stuff and sometimes just upload from a thumbdrive at work later.

yeah it has recording!

1 Like

Win10 has a built in thing that should play nice with hardware intel encoding if you press windows + alt + R?

1 Like

So it does!

I had no idea. Been using win7 and android exclusively until 2 days ago. Thanks!

Oh hey, you can plug USB right in. Rock.

Yup, pretty much any USB device I think. I know you can plug a mouse and keyboard in and it’ll work just like that, no dorking around with it or anything. It’s nice.

Do the lightning effects in Hyper Light Drifter persist after the very beginning of the game? I don’t see any epilepsy warnings about flashing lights, and my photosensitive friend would like to know if there should be one.

I’ve read that the built in “Game DVR” in Win 10 adds input lag.

I don’t think there’s much lightning after the opening sequence but I feel like maybe some of the effects present during the final boss fight might be problematic. Admittedly I don’t remember very clearly.