Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

The button probably unsoldered from the ribbon cable. Replacements are cheap but you have to take it partially apart. Should be easier to do than most mods.

https://vimeo.com/82290241

tim?

3 Likes

He’s the new character model for Gordon.

1 Like

Has Melee’s 1,000,000 games notice ever appeared on a recorded smash tourney stream?

Is anyone else playing Simpsons Tapped Out? I just started. My EA handle is Infernarl

What’s the best way to emulate 8-/16-bit games on a 3DS? What do y’all recommend?

Without hacking it: Virtual Console

If you haven’t hacked it BUT you haven’t updated the firmware since 1937: several flash cards for DS will work in DS mode in the 3DS

If you’ve hacked it already: There are emulators but there are also utils that will package roms as fake Virtual Console titles. There are pros and cons to either that I don’t recall at the moment.

If you haven’t hacked it yet and you want to: hope you’ve got about 12 solid, uninterrputed hours free.

3 Likes

Are there any consistently good video game soundtracks that are

A: at least 4 discs in length and
B: mainly composed by one composer?

check out the Yu-No OST

3 Likes

Shin Megami Tensei Four

1 Like

I literally can’t tell these games apart in my head so I always forget. Which is the good one: Pillar of Eternity or Divinity Original Sin?

divinity original sin is the good one. You’ll be able to tell them apart really easily once you play like 10 minutes of D:OS. It has so much personality.

1 Like

one is hilarious (despite having a fairly gripping narrative!) and has unbelievably great turn based combat, the other is baldur’s gate 3

1 Like

I got a PS2 Slim at the thrifter for 7$. It had a “There is no data” error when trying to read discs. I swapped in a new laser. Still getting “there is no data”. It is saying that it is a PS2 disc, just can’t find the data. Does it need a new ribbon cable for the laser?

i was pretty down for the idea of baldur’s gate 3 when i bought it but something failed to click

there are really cool ideas in there, honestly, but it’s easy to forget that in the moment because the execution is so weirdly stilted

i may still give it another spin; i put it down after the world opened up just enough that everywhere i tried to go something would slaughter me. i got to do some major wish fulfillment in the character creator though so that got me sort of invested. if a game lets me be a cute red-haired psychic fencer girl, i will probably play it

I’d recommend Defense Grid: The Awakening and Immortal Defense.

Plants vs. Zombies is fun, too, if you can overlook the overused zombie theme.

1 Like

Dungeon Warfare is maybe my game of the year.

1 Like

Thanks !

is battlefield 1 worth buying if i intend on never touching the multiplayer and only playing campaign?

same q for titanfall 2

the tf2 campaign is basically extremely well-delivered training for the multi