Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

This is not directly answering your question, but I found that getting a USB charging cable for the PSP and pairing it with an external battery is the least-hassle solution, at the expense of some portability.

J-Rock experts, which of these bands included on the Let it Die soundtrack are cool?

1000say
a DROP of JOKER
Accidentally Encounter
Ailiph Doepa
AJYSYTZ
ALL FOUND BRIGHT LIGHTS
ALL OFF
ALPHASE
ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE
天野月
Ao
ARCHAIC RAG STORE
アルカラ
asobius
Aural Vampire
AXIS
BACK LIFT
BEFORE MY LIFE FAILS
BO-PEEP
BugTheMic
千聖
Crsis Slave
DABIDE’S fire
DESECRAVITY
EARLY CROSS
EDO
ENTH
erika
EVERLONG
FLIP
FOAD
FROZEN CAKE BAR
GARI
ゴードマウンテン
GYZE
HER NAME IN BLOOD
HEXVOID
ハウリングアンプリファー
ino. [from ENTHRALLS]
JinnyOops!
Jon Underdown & Akira Yamaoka
カミナリグモ
彼女in the display
カラスは真っ白
キバオブアキバ
小南泰葉
LAST DAY DREAM
LASTING CALL
LOKA
LORAN
LUCCI
MAGIC FEELING
MISTY
MOP of HEAD
Mountain Mocha Kilimanjaro
my way my love
NO LEAF CLOVER
野佐怜奈とブルーヴァレンタインズ
NOTHING TO DECLARE
nothingman
音速ライン
OUTRAGE
PAN
ピアノゾンビ
POT
Qaijff
QOOLAND
qujaku
Rhycol.
RIS
RIZING 2 END
ROACH
ROOKiEZ is PUNK’D
最終少女ひかさ
シムオブリガーダ
SilberStyle
SOSO BREAK THE WALL
SuiseiNoboAz
Survive Said the Prophet
四星球
たんこぶちん
TENBI
The cold tommy
THE GAME SHOP
THE JETZE JOHNSON
The Sound’s Pierrer
the twenties
THIS MORNING DAY
トライアンパサンディ
TOTALFAT
xx
uchuu,
universe
Upset Heroes!
Vanity Sicks
VELTPUNCH
voodoobutterfly
Vorchaos
惑星アブノーマル
winnie
World Of the WORLD.

If it’s anything like the similarly vintage DS… you can’t really :frowning:

Lithium Ion batteries have a shelf life, so if the platform isn’t profitable enough to justify continued production you’re SOL

I would love to be proven wrong though

It looks like Batteries+ has batteries for a bunch of PSP models. They’re way more expensive than the ones you can find searching Amazon or ebay, though, so it might be worth taking a chance on some of those first. I’ve never had trouble with no-name replacement batteries, but B+ is always safe if you’re paranoid.

Those all seem to be for the 1000 model I have a 2000 :-/

Weird that they only have the older ones. Definitely give the knockoffs a shot, then.

I wish somebody would update that old microprose sword of the samurai game

it still plays pretty well in today times. The dueling sucks but it’s such a small part of the game that you barely notice as soon as you hit the very low skill ceiling.

yeah I played it a while back and I definitely didn’t think it was too old or wasn’t holding up. it’d just be neat to see it expanded on and convenient if you didn’t have to alt tab out to look up a pdf of the manual to remember the controls every time you want to play. of course I guess any remake would probably have some boring assembly line made cell phone game art work and defeat the whole purpose. a reboot for a game like that ought to have weird indie developer type art at least.

1 Like

Has anyone played the Metal Slug Anthology on PS4 (via PS2 emulation)? Was the original collection any good, and if so, does the PS4 introduce an unreasonable amount of lag that makes it unplayable?

It’s much better than the terrible wii port…

a friend said there is enough lag that it is bad.

Is Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 worth a good goddamn? (to someone who likes DX?)

I loved DX and I think CE2 is middling. They changed mechanics in ways that at first blush I thought were good, but as I played more I realized the changes were superfluous at best and fiddly and lacking subtlety at worst.

1 Like

Is anyone using a new Dualshock 4 (model CUH-ZCT2) on PC? Mine is “unreachable” under Linux (shout out to @felix for getting me to use Antergos, btw) and I don’t know if it’s my cluelessness or some change in the hardware that’s responsible.

I believe DS4Windows, one of the DS4 -> Xinput programs on Windows, had an update that added support for the new version of the DS4 . Since it had to specifically add support for it it sounds plausible that the updated hardware isn’t agreeing with whatever Linux solution you’re using.

1 Like

That was my suspicion, but I was hoping it was somehow my fault.

it never is, on linux. it’s always hardware that isn’t supported [yet]

or rather, it sometimes is, but only if you managed to fuck up a bunch of config files by hand rather than solving your problem via a package manager

Thanks. The video looked pretty uncompelling, but I was thinking of picking it up anyway. Will probably just keep trying to raise my global rankings in CEDX.

Dropped my New 3ds XL on the floor today while carrying too much stuff and now the R button seems busted. Doesn’t click down and only seems to work if I press it a certain way and not reliably.
Has anyone here dealt with something like that before and know a way to fix it? Otherwise, is it one of those things where it is cheaper to buy a new one rather than pay for repairs?