Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

TLJ is one of those games that’s remembered over-fondly because at the time people who were into what it was doing had almost literally nothing else to play. It was one of those games that was supposed to reignite pointnclicks, but didn’t really.

I still like it, but it’s too long and a lot of the puzzles are still crap. On the other hand I’d say to get everything out of Dreamfall that’s there you’d really want to play TLJ first.

@doolittle passed me a copy of DQHeroes and it’s in Japanese. I thought it would be playable without. I am not doing very well. Any help playing J games when I don’t understand J?

Ah, I hadn’t considered that issue. If you can post a picture of the menu you’re having trouble with I could translate it? Or generally give you a dictionary to work with, e.g. Yes, No, Slime

1 Like

Well main thing would be confirm/cancel would be switched from X/O to O/X.

Yeah I also hadn’t considered how far you would get if you can’t read any Japanese.

Yup. I was hoping there was a way to translate, but I guess not. I will try again when I’m more in a deciphering mood.

Maybe I’ll watch a playthrough in english and guess what the menus are, ha. Or I could twitch stream and hope someone is nice enough to watch and help.

Are there any recent, decent games in the ace combat/airforce delta vein? Those games are my jam and it seems like they pretty well died off last gen.

Ace Combat 7 is on the way to PS4, last I heard. Ace Combat Infinity is another option if you’re just down for some dogfighting, but YMMV depending on your net quality.

There are some indie attempts to capture the magic on Steam, but I’ve yet to play one that captures the magic does.

[spoiler]USE DIFFERENT WORDS ASSHOLE[/SPOILER]

1 Like

Which game do you associate HEAVENLY STAR with?

• Lumines
  • No More Heroes

0 voters

(I voted NMH but if there were justice in this world itd be Lumines)

i associate it with that really awful rez sequel from 2009 or so

1 Like

Aw, you can’t edit a poll after five minutes without a moderator lol

Apparently even mods can’t

This poll feature seems half-assed!

22 posts were split to a new topic: Put Some Ikaruga On (unusual scripts)

What if a Pokemon game was written by Yuji Horii? Wouldn’t it be better, or would the kids stop buying it?

how much does yuji horii actually work on modern DQ? it’s not like there haven’t been dragon quest monsters games…

pokemon’s got a little horii spirit sprinkled in there as it is, anyway

can you board zeppelins in battlefield 1

he’s got a writer credit and designer credit on every main series DQ game until DQX, and DQX he still has a ‘General Director’ credit

So I’m pretty sure he still comes up with scenarios for them.

I’d love for a Pokemon with good writing

anyone getting titanfall 2?

I’m interested, but if I do get it I’ll have to get it for PS4 because my PC is bad