Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Not really a games thing but: Is there such a device as a transparent drawing tablet yet? I want to trace my cat while he’s powernapping

1 Like

owls are hell’s emissaries

1 Like

while I don’t have a name suggestion it brings me much pain to know that no matter what you name it, it won’t come when you call

The only owl name I know is Archimedes!

Here’s a type/species list
https://www.thespruce.com/owl-species-list-385440

How about The Scops

you really gonna do my boy Cedric like that

1 Like

Cedric… or Mordak?!?

2 Likes

my first memories of being baffled by nerd outrage were all the mail in letters in inter-action magazine with drawings of cedric being murdered and whatnot.

and then later on the early internet, still whining about how “useless” he is.

he makes your quest to get your family back even feasible in the first place, do you need him to wipe your ass and kill the evil wizard himself too

2 Likes

Clean organizing a whole bunch of image folders and noticed Mojave’s quick preview (spacebar) is doing something to glitch frag images. As pictured along with uptime, I think a reset will solve it. Great to notice starting with nude skellman here.

But my question’s actually: know of a good plug in filter for PS, even a separate app, that would allow parameter controlled image corruption like so? I know the usual messy way but am looking more for something specific you can modify, like those phone app filters but ideally more varied, fine tunable.

what is the best program to record emulator gameplay with

i really wanna do a chill lp of phantasy star, cuz i aint never played it before

1 Like

If your recording software of choice can hook into the emulator game window, you should be able to use whichever one you want. MSI Afterburner, Nvidia Shadowplay, AMD ReLive, Bandicam, OBS, Fraps, etc.

Otherwise, you’ll probably have to use a program which allows you to “select” an area of the screen to record. I know Bandicam can do that. But its not free without a Bandicam logo over your video.(however, bandicam is very good).

OBS might be able to select an area of the screen, I’m not sure.

Also, the route through which you record, may also dictate your choice. AMD/Nvidia GPU based, CPU based, Intel Quicksync (based from Intel’s graphics).

Use OBS

1 Like

A little while ago, someone posted a mockup of what a Final Fantasy 8 remake could look like, but now I’m looking for it and can’t find it. Was that in an axe thread that got axed?

This?

https://selectbutton.net/t/games-you-played-today-classic-mini/7301/3865

1 Like

Yes! that’s the one, thank you

Is there a better GBA emulator than Visualboy? VBA has some dumb input lag and drops frames all the time (even when frameskip is set to 0). Otherwise, is there a fix for this?

there are many!

I used vbam for years which is slightly better but I don’t think ever perfectly fixed the 1-2 frames of latency, the new hotness is afaik mgba, and many people would tell you to run it in retroarch

2 Likes

What is “this” ?

Is the Epic Games launcher wigging out for anyone else right now or is it just me? (Launches, but everything is displayed all fucked up)

It works fine for me; maybe you have an old version and missed a patch or something? Or your graphics card driver wigged out?