Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

i kinda want to get a safety razor. whjat do i need and how cheap can it be while still being decent

Valhalla VA-11 Hall-A.

1 Like

Check out Cinders, maybe

If you have paypal, if you can wait a few days (for me to make it to a courier store), I will send you one for the cost of shipping. So, probably $5-$10

Its this one, the version with the textured (knurled) grip

I probably won’t be able to find the blades.

Safety razors suck!!! They cut less hair in one swipe and are more prone to cutting me!!! $15-20 for two Gillette blades for life!!!

If the appeal of the safety razor is cheapness, check out imported Gillette Guards. It’s a one blade cartridge razor designed for developing countries and does a great job considering the blades are 25 cents.

(Though tbh I use an electric foil shaver because I am low dex af.)

I will go counter this and say I’ve had to multi-swipe with every razor I ever used, and safety razors cut me so much less than modern quad blade things.

More important than the razor is a good brush for the shaving cream, though.

1 Like

1 Like

thank you everyone for the recommendations. i will go through these more carefully soon. I’m not sure they were really wanted I wanted or was expected but I’m also not sure what I wanted or was expecting.

so has anyone played pathologic 2 yet or what

I gave them money sight unseen but I need to be properly exhausted before I sit down to this

1 Like

Anyone else got a sprawling series of youtube playlists some half curated and culled others just bloated save sheds?

Surely YUP, just asking if anyone else recently tried hacking down their hydra (or the Beast of Bookmarks)

1 Like

Are there any fairly reliable Xbox 360 models? I still kinda want one after all these years but I know the hardware was notoriously shoddy.

i believe they fixed the rrod stuff with the S model from ~2010, i had one for four or five years without incident

there’s also a newer E model that looks like an xbone but i’ve never even seen one for sale

I would check the compatibility list for Xbone Backward Compatibility. If some of the games you want to play are on that list, you might be better served to get an Xbone or an XboneX.

Xbones don’t give resolution upgrades to BC titles like the X does, but the framerates are usually improved. XboneX of course gives a resolution boost as well. In addition to forcing increased texture filtering and AA. I don’t think the Xbone does that, either.

Anecdotally we stopped seeing problems at GameStop once you get the revision with the HDMI port, pre-S. That’s the one I ended up keeping (I really like the original case design in white).

2 Likes

yeah all the HDMI ones are fine afaik, they didn’t have any real issues after the third year

1 Like

I had the first model with an HDMI port (Falcon??) and it eventually red ringed, though it spent a lot of time in a room with lots of windows and no climate control

my first fat 360 with hdmi red ringed, my second had the dvd drive fail in pretty much every way possible. don’t get a 360

1 Like

I’m in the business of buying a Honda Shadow and in regards to naming the thing I wanted to go with something owlish or owl-like. Perhaps this can all be condensed into a single question…and it is this:

What does the Cleric shout in Shadow over Mystara; is it OWL PECK SHADOW or do my ears need a good syringing?

Any and all other hot owl reccs are welcome here!