Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

niiiice

I’d have to mess with the gambits more when I come back around I suppose, I never cared for it as a system much in FF12 either though I can appreciate what they’re going for I guess? Just feels weird to have a game play itself even if it’s cutting down on the constant Per Encounter buff tedium.

I think I prefer the map in 1 over the big sea in 2, primarily because ship combat is more tedious than anything. Also the narrative in 2 does that thing which always bugs me where you’re led to believe time is of the essence, A Walking God is marching across the land and has to be stopped but here’s a million sidequests in the first city. Take your time. Which I mean whatever. I’m also one of those weirdos that kinda prefers BG1’s scope over 2.

I think both games’ party members are generally pretty bad and generally a typically quippy zany Biowarish western assortment that you’ve seen in a million other places so the more grounded nature of say, Eder, is a lot more appealing than many of the others. Though at least 2 doesn’t have a character like Grieving Widow whose entire storyline exists to trap you in wall of text dialogue about her backstory then has the gall to quiz you on it (if you fail, you have to read all the dialogue again).

Def looking forward to trying it again though, part of the reason I bounced was also because I knew if I beat it I’d never come back for mid-game DLC and the thought of having an unfinished game drives me nuts.

I think the DLCs are generally a poor proposition because the one off town-plus-dungeon-narrative-arc islands are always OK enough but like, the two or three of those in the game already that are fully self-contained are plenty

1 Like

oh hey it’s my pal Dakkon

1 Like

I wanna play a farming game on my laptop. Like an rts kinda thing. Age of empires without armies, and smaller scale. The only game I can think of is that Banished game. Is that any good? Is there something better.

banished is weird but you’d probably like it

The city-building series would probably appeal to you, people typically say Zeus: Master of Olympus with the Poseidon expansion is the best in the series.

1 Like

can you still put books from non-amazon sources on the newer kindles? the battery on my 2011 model is about to go

As long as they don’t have some sort of DRM, yeah. You might have to convert them to a Kindle compatible format if they don’t come in one though. I guess Calibre is the de facto program for that?

1 Like

Yeah. I upgraded to a waterproof Kindle, and still use books from Gutenberg.

1 Like

yeah i use calibre already, most of the stuff i download is epub and i end up converting it to mobi

You really are #1 Mass Effect Fan

1 Like

when deadfire first came out I think I was even pretty clear on describing it as, like, the best possible version of a bioware game

I do really admire it as a postcolonial work that doesn’t browbeat you – there are not only several different versions of siding with the colonists if you wanted to, the game doesn’t even explicitly code it as “wrong” (and your best companions will leave you at the end if you don’t!) unless you’re paying attention and you know better.

what are the best emulators to use on vita?

I got the city building game set in china cause that sounds coolest to me of the settings. Thank you for the recommendation! I’d never heard of this series

I stopped playing Assassin’s Creed games after Brotherhood.

If I were to pick any other game in the series, from III to Odyssey (in other words, ones that are available on current-gen consoles)… what would you choose?

They’re all on sale right now and I’m thinking of trying one.

no

you got out just in time

2 Likes

The pirate one was pretty cool

Odyssey and play as a woman, because the writing is better and well acted.

Shadow of Mordor/War

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of Origins and Odyssey, but after playing through all of Origins (great!) and most of Odyssey (pretty good!) but I would pick one or the other. It’s…a lot of game.

That said, I think skulking around ancient Egypt is a touch cooler than sailing around Greece. Pick whichever sounds like a more fun setting (and play as Kassandra if you go with Odyssey).

1 Like