Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I could swear the last time I played it the scene order was different every time, like I swear I tested it. Like not the actual level geometry, but it was more like the last dungeon of Super Mario 1 where these little pre-designed areas proceed in random order. And it also felt random whether or not you’d encounter that annoying sub-boss before dark link. But I think I might have just been very frustrated and gave up before understanding it?

That was a dark time in my life. Please forgive me.

3 Likes

the last level of smb doesn’t have random areas either

7 Likes

u r finished in this town

11 Likes

oh no

5 Likes

toups trying to pull a mid-2000’s tim rogers but accidentally choosing the most mundane and disprovable form of fabulism

6 Likes

that is giving me way too much credit I’m actually just extremely dumb

3 Likes

man

we are gonna be talking about this at sbc3 i’ll tell you what

3 Likes

The avatar synergy in this post is too strong

The scouter is ruined

1 Like

lying toups

2 Likes

:slow clap:

I feel you toups. For me it was always the random bit in the forest maze in Zelda 1 that got me.

4 Likes

wikipedia says dvds started being released in japan in 1995, does anyone know of any titles from those early days/have scans of boxart even?

From what I can tell, in the US market they usually came in cardboard cases with plastic inserts like this:

The matrix wasn’t in the first batch, but photographs of Twister, which was allegedly one of the very first, looked pretty similar to this. It seems to be the standard for all the early Warner Brothers releases anyway, and Time Warner was a big part of the creation of the DVD consortium so…this is probably representative?

2 Likes

My memory is that it differed by studio, that there were a few competing case designs. Those cardboard cases survived quite a long time and I would see post-2005 releases showing up in them.

Yeah, I think anything distributed by Warner Bros. came in those cardboard cases, while most everyone else latched onto the more familiar plastic design almost immediately.

the Sonic and Knuckles of video packaging

If a man were to successfully have his penis and testicles transplanted with those from a different man, and were able to regain full functionality of said penis and testicles after the operation, would the sperm he produced be of his own genetic material or of the donors?

3 Likes

I think the sperm themselves would be the other dude’s. But they’d be slip-sliding along what your own prostate made for them.

2 Likes

the ultimate cuckoldry experience

7 Likes

pretty sure there was a Tim & Eric short on this

2 Likes

Anyone know a sight that does reprints or copies of Sega Saturn Spine Cards?