Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I was hoping clicking the stick in would advance time so it would be a true one handed game.

Alas.

1 Like

Both playstation and xbox have built-in rebinds for accessibility (which includes preventing RSI!). It’s a little annoying to set up but you can do a lot of games one-handed if they’re not action.

2 Likes

F U L L T H R O T T L E
<=====

2 Likes

Pacman CE

2 Likes

A ton of games on Steam advertise that they can be played with one hand… but that is for a different reason altogether >_>

1 Like

Pokemon Let’s Go forces you to play with a single joycon when docked, but then I guess you could potentially end up with tennis elbow from flinging your arm around trying to get those damn 'mons in the damn balls

1 Like

I got Baba is You and it is good. But keep the ideas coming if ya got any!

1 Like

LSD: Dream Emulator

Just cut your bad arm off and play IRL Sekiro

3 Likes

Is there any easy way to play Cryostasis for its ten year anniversary or is Reason still taking a nap?

get one of these

3 Likes

NBA Baller Beats

2 Likes

anyone know if there’s any other art of this one kid from final fantasy vi?

4 Likes

Put on Stop Making Sense in the living room a few weeks back, since then the house has creaked Saturday for more iconic/eclectic live sets. Easy enough to search youtube for assorted finds and raw clips; kicked around some old tours on vhs - any recommendations on other professionally recorded, legendary (unique) live performances? Most any genre really

Probably gonna do PWEI’s Unspoilt by Progress shortly, so fuzzed out promos of music videos and live stuff are fine

I don’t think there’s video of it, but Hawkwind’s live album “Space Ritual” is widely considered the best thing ever released under their name. It’s iconic hard space rock.

As far as professionally filmed performances, I’m going to have to think on that. Stop Making Sense would have been my go-to answer.

1 Like

Oh oh here’s a great one!

Kate Bush almost never played live, but this set of performances is super costumed and choreographed in the most bizarre and lovable way. Don’t let that conventional looking thumbnail fool you, this is bonkers stuff!

3 Likes

Great example of something you hear about time to time, but haven’t heard. Lo and behold its wall of noise consumed me - the width of a double LP to soak in soon, yup.

Kate Bush I’ve been familiar with at many junctures, but never really delved into either and a lot of recent mentions here have me kinda time traveling to ages past. Where I was surrounded by a lot of Tori, and tangentials, predecessors…

Will absorb, thanks for the reccs!

1 Like

Less heavy psych-prog; you reminded me of discovering this album last year, wasn’t gonna pay $80 for the vinyl I saw but went home and got all up in it.

1 Like

That album totally rules! I had a really funny moment with it.

When my mother was growing up in Portugal, my grandmother used to constantly put on Demis Roussos records, to the point that my mom, my aunt, and my uncle all despised the guy. It was a lot of cornball weepy Greek soft pop songs. When my mom grew up, she rediscovered those records and started playing them all the time, so I grew up hearing and despising them too.

In high school I had a major prog rock phase, and I discovered this Aphrodite’s Child album. I thought it was so cool and subversive and weird. I really dug the singer’s range and his totally weird voice.

After having listened to the album many a time (and having my mom complain and ask me to turn that crazy shit off), I was shocked to discover that the singer was the very same Demis Roussos, in the early stages of his career before he went pop!

I remember my mom playing this song a lot. Listening to it now, I can totally hear that Aphrodite’s Child voice in it!

4 Likes

Not sure if I know that song or just from the pop of the chorus, it is sweetness though.

I would’ve totally dug Aphrodite’s Child in high school, well separate from the highly funk industrial and hiphop pbjs friends and I munched on. There was a part of me that sought out lesser celebrated opera rockers of the 70s, it didn’t know how much I would’ve loved a few Mom records kept in storage.

The only music I can recall being told to turn down!!! was Ministry’s Psalm 69, Prick, and uh, I think something Underworld.

1 Like