Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

the koln concert is my favourite live performance and my favourite solo piano performance

2 Likes

Can anyone with the switch version of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy let me know if there is an option to play it in Japanese (maybe by switching the system language)?

Edit: nevermind, I guess there is an option to change it to Japanese right in the menu!

anyone know what these are?

Help me with the name of a game I used to play.

Probably a SNES game?

I think you started the game in a subterranean level, with a drill machine vehicle. and you drilled through parts and probably shot things. I think the drill machine was on the box-art.

but then in a later level, you are a character on foot and its kind of a beat-em. and it was weird sci-fi aesthetic. and it was pretty difficult. I never beat the game.

Drill Dozer on the GBA?

No. I played it on a small CRT TV when I was young, in my old bedroom. Pretty sure it was SNES. But may have been NES.

Probably Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth

wurm

9 Likes

This is it! I woulda been 5-6 when I was renting this.

I wasn’t paying attention when it came out but is a ghost of a tale any good?

Decent; astounding as a single-person project, rich and textured, fairly basic stealth in a moderately engaging castle crawl with hidden passages and mousey shortcuts.

Play it if you like the look of the world and want to Redwall it up.

1 Like

the ending is garbage and tends to glitch out even to this day, but the rest of the game is quite charming. Great animations throughout, a lot of personality.

EDIT: wow I totally misread the discussion on my phone as Descent-related. Oh well these tracks rock anyways

I had a friend hugely into the Descent games which I liked watching but never hooked into, scanning for musicks though I wore this disc tf out in high school.

1:41 entering calm disconnectedness watching battle rage, pulling back and getting bearings

1:37 swaying post frenzy, low wails and shrieks build from creatures of the environ

Didn’t appreciate the wild structure and tempo of GLUT til years later (Skinny Puppying), probably my fav piece now.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried “A Way Out?” It sounds like something that could be worthwhile.

Kinda neat but you really need a second player, where online or on the couch. And it has to be someone you know.

1 Like

it’s comically bad but also pretty novel if you’re playing with a bud yes

2 Likes

Just beat Dark Souls 3. That means I have cleared all the Dark games and Blood, but I haven’t beaten Demons. Started Demons, and holy shit does it not feel as good to play. Please suggest how to clear this game so I can join the elite club a decade late.

For reference: I recently played quality in DS1 and 3. I was parrying like a boss in DS1, but near the end I just couldn’t figure it out. I tried parrying again in 3, but I was not doing it right or something, so I just crushed things w/ the Greatsword. I have a lot of Vit and End in DeS right now, but… the easy damage sources that were Claymore/Zwei or Greatsword/DrangHam in DeS are eluding me.

Tldr How Demon’s Souls Thx

1 Like

pick the sword you think is coolest

1 Like

demon’s souls is great and is honestly super easy if you’ve played all the other souls games. go for it.

1 Like

It was miserable and I only got past the bridge to the giant boss guy once

It’s ok and you’ll have an average time

1 Like