Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

As someone who liked the perspective-switching in Other M and its dodge mechanic, I probably think I’d be among the minority who would enjoy the 3ds title especially because I’ve never played Metroid 2 and don’t take the same offense to it being remixed like that.

They should just give Metroid the Kirby treatment and throw whatever weird ideas they have at it in every installment.

1 Like

Hell Metroid Prime Pinball needs a follow-up and they could probably just rip off Yoku’s Island Express wholesale and come up with a decent game that way.

1 Like

I mean, as someone who loved the actual gameplay mechanics of Other M and hated everything else, I think Other M played a lot better.

But Returns didn’t stop my fun Metroid Fusion in 3d adventures with periodic bursts of the most upsetting writing I have ever seen in a Nintendo game. So there is that.

2 Likes

I’m reading The Society of the Spectacle, and Guy Debord is totally subtweeting the USSR, talking about how “the bureaucratic regimes in certain industrialized countries have their own particular type of spectacle, but it is an integral part of the total spectacle, serving as its pseudo-opposition and actual support.”

Here is my quick question: is there an actual English word that means the same thing as “subtweeting”? Cuz it’s a very useful concept but I hate having to reference twitter whenever I talk about it.

2 Likes

Allude, gossip, talk behind the back

I’m struggling to think of a single word because most human communication is not broadcast; therefore, unlike twitter, you don’t have to take pains to avoid letting your target know what you’re talking about.

I bet heavily censored cultures have words for this.

2 Likes

there’s a compound verb for this in portuguese

1 Like

I got a used scuf controller. Post cool setups you’ve found for the paddles for various genres

Fan of clutch/shift-/shift+/handbrake

1 Like

i took it down extensively in the thread

1 Like

Is the base version of DMC5 okay to get?

Definitely. If you get thirsty you can always upgrade later. It adds a few new arms for Nero which are cute but nothing special, some extra music options from 1-4, some different announcers voices. The main appeal is the live action cutscenes which are hilarious but something you’d probably want to wait on if you decided to play through again on a higher difficulty.

1 Like

So you can just pay to upgrade it then at any time? Maybe until after one finishes the game and then decides to replay it again now with some extra stuff?

That’s what I did though iirc you’ll be paying a little extra. It’s 10 more to buy the deluxe edition to begin with and 15 to upgrade later.

i was thinking of gale gunner

Anyone here know what the game seen here is a bootleg of?

https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousExpensiveSoymilkRickroll

Anyone know enough about current PC hardware to help out with a conundrum?

I’m hypothetically thinking of upgrading my PC in the coming months and starting a savings fund for it. I’m currently running an Athlon II X4 640, to give you an idea of how far behind I am.

My question is:

I’m looking at four possible CPUS (all Ryzen 5 range): 1600 ($140), 1600X ($180), 2600 ($165), 2600X ($185). I’m leaning towards the 1600, but with such a tight price range, is it worth it to go up the ladder? Am I going to regret not spending the extra $25 to update to the newer architecture? Is the jump from 1600 to 2600X worth the jump from “a little under $150” to “a little under $200”?

And if so, if I’m already in the $180 range, would it not be better to go to a Ryzen 7 1700X for an extra $5?

Why is this so confusing. aaaaaaa

first gen Ryzen still semi severely underperforms in single threaded workloads in a way the others don’t so that’s a reason to get 2xxx or 3xxx

So I should disregard all Summit Ridge chips entirely?

unless you can get a much better deal (which is increasingly possible)

If I say that one of the things I want to be able to do is play modded Minecraft Java Edition at a comfortable frame rate, does that make a difference? I know MJE is heavily CPU-dependent but I don’t know if it’s thread locked or whatever