Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

4 Likes

why would it be verboten

everything seems like it’s good as noted by executive producer and TJ&E superfan Macaulay Culkin

apparently the gaymerX guy worked on it and people don’t like him anymore

From what I understand, this is the source of people’s issue with Matt Conn (not this article, the accusations within):

Yeah also when the Unionizing stuff went out a few weeks back the Toejam and Earl Twitter account came out as anti-union???

2 Likes

Earl is a scab

6 Likes

occupy funkotron

3 Likes

Started at a new job, and everyone plays Smash brothers after lunch on a Switch that’s in the main room. We usually do 3 or 4 rounds.

Anyone know of any good multiplayer games on the Switch that are this quick and easy? Wouldn’t have time for a Mario Party or anything like that.

2 Likes

Windjammers is always a good time.

I’d say Nidhogg 2 but some of those matches can go on forever.

Granted both of those are only one-on-one, but they’re good!

1 Like

The Overcooked games are good. I don’t have them on Switch, but I assume they are the same on that platform.

2 Likes

Overcooked would be perfect but definitely spring for 2; they both run pretty poorly on the Switch but the second runs a bit better.

Oh, maybe that explains why my sister said that online multiplayer was unplayable for her (on Switch) when it was fine when I tried it on PS4.

It’s pretty easy to find people complaining about it on Switch. Another case of an inexperienced team bumping against Unity’s console port limitations, unfortunately.

Why is the music app Blackplayer suddenly taking ages to load stuff on my android mobile phone. Like I’ll click on an artist and then there will be a black screen for like 30 seconds before it loads the albums, art, bio it pulls from lastfm etc. It is annoying. I assume it has something with the “cache” but why has it changed suddenly

Ultimate Chicken Horse, maybe? Might need to adjust points per round.

1 Like

is left alive actually bad or are critics just missing the point?

Last week’s episode of the 8-4 podcast had some pretty in-depth impressions from someone who was actually excited for it and it sounds like it’s completely unremarkable

3 Likes

i feel like that vid of the director playing and explaining stuff ‘you can sneak behind stuff maybe think about it’ ‘you can firebomb these guys watch how they react’ ‘sometimes your choices matter’ -npc suicide- was like watching some kind of ritualized corporate punishment and no one will see that guy again ever

2 Likes

what is probably the best piece of text connecting the “ethics in gaming journalism” crusades to the alt-right/internet fascism. i need my zine to not cite like, cnet.com

1 Like