Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

slow down sonic music

2 Likes

Hey why the fuck cant i get Paper Mario the thousand year door on anything but a gamecube ?

1 Like

Nintendo hates you.

2 Likes

more like paper mario the 5-year window in which your game will actually be playable right?

3 Likes

This might be an impossibly stupid question, but, uh.

As someone who hasn’t had a PC in ages, is there any good place to find what good PC exclusives I might have missed in like the last, uh, ten years or so?

There’s some very good stuff in the SB wiki, of course, but I feel like I turned a blind eye to years worth of cool stuff from itch.io and such, and now I’m gonna need to scour top ten lists for ages since Steam curation is a nightmare.

What types of games are you interested in?

RPS and PC Gamer run those lists every year.

Mostly short indie stuff? If it’s shown up on consoles chances are I’ve probably played it by now.

Been meaning to try stuff like Yume Nikki, maybe Faith.

If I can find something cool like Bernband I’ll be pretty happy!

Maybe Wiki lists by year can help you. Just do ctrl+f “win”.

1 Like

We also have an Itch thread of our own which might be of interest to you

1 Like

Ah yeah, I’ll have to check out that thread.

And it turns out I did buy Devil Daggers for a crummy laptop I had a while back. That game is great!

https://twitter.com/WarpDoor

There is this twitter feed that I always mean to pay more attention to than I do.

1 Like

Oh hell I just remembered Pico8 is a thing.

I mean, I can play them with my Chromebook, but what if I spent $15 and never managed to code a damn thing?

Thanks for the recommendations, though! Gonna definitely dig into some of these.

OK I’ve put like 10 hours into it and… you might be right?

1 Like

What does SB think about the Yomawari games?

how did the pc port of bullet witch turn out? anyone play it?

1 Like

Seemed fine to me

There were framerate issues near launch I believe and according to the forums it seems that they still creep up if you don’t have a controller plugged in. Beyond that the port is bare bones but seemingly fine enough.

My dad’s computer emits a shrill, high-pitched whine at all times.

Lifting the mouse changes the pitch. Unplugging the mouse makes it stop.

???

3 Likes

Mouse has become theremin.

6 Likes

Anyone know where I can watch/download/buy The Long Good Friday?